Profile Picture

Quick Question from a newbie

Posted By djfanak 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
djfanak
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone.I am a graphic designer, and currently I am working on a Zombie board game, and I came across CC4, and now I am thinking of purchasing it.But unfortunately I didn't find the answers on the website, so I am reaching out here.
1. I see that the new CC4 is now on sale for about $250. Is that a one time payment only, or a yearly license, or a monthly subscription? 
This is curtail for me since I need the program for a few months (longer than the one month free trail), but not regularly to justify the cost.2. Also, if it's a one time payment, what happens when you release an update? Am I still stuck with CC4 or am I able to update it to the latest version.3. And third thing: are the characters created in CC3 compatible in CC4? Will I be able to open them and use them?Thanks Looking forward to your answers.Nik
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
1. I see that the new CC4 is now on sale for about $250. Is that a one time payment only, or a yearly license, or a monthly subscription?

It's a one-time payment. All our programs come with a perpetual license. You will also receive FREE same version number upgrades such as 4.2, 4.3, and so on.

2.  Also, if it's a one time payment, what happens when you release an update? Am I still stuck with CC4 or am I able to update it to the latest version

Character Creator 4 has only recently been released so it will be a few years at least before Character Creator 5 comes along. When CC5 is released, you will be able to upgrade from version 4 to 5 for a discounted upgrade price. You won't have to pay full price again.

3.  And third thing: are the characters created in CC3 compatible in CC4? Will I be able to open them and use them?

Yes, characters created in CC1, CC2 and CC3 can be opened in CC4.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

djfanak
djfanak
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks a bunch!

You have made my day

Reading This Topic