What Line

Posted By debbie harmon 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello my highly esteemed friends.  I need your help once again.  What the heck is this white line and how do I get rid of it.  My avatar wants to follow it instead of the path they are connected to.  I have moved the constraint bar (I'm sure that isn't the correct term} I have tremendous problems working with paths.  I've watched the YouTube tutorials from IClone and others.  Nothing explains this white aggravating bar.  Also why does my character disappear off to the side sometimes when I connect them to a path.  They go zooming off to space with white dotted lines.  Thank you for your help.  Debbiehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f613c042-76f6-49ce-8db7-e03a.jpg
Edited
2 Years Ago by debbie harmon
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well I'll jump in and try to at least advise. Be aware it's best to post technical questions in the appropriate section of the forum. If you are using iClone 7 use the Archive iC7 section Wink
I have seen this issue from time to time in iC7. The dotted points, I believe, are keys created on the Path, that's normal. The avatar's, jumping off the path at the end, issue came about at some point in iC7's lifetime and was an issue for many myself included.  When you Release the avatar from the Path you will have the jumping issue. I believe it has been corrected in iC8.

4u2ges posted a tutorial awhile back on how to correct the jumping of the avatar for folks. I couldn't get it to work for me but I'm sure I was doing something wrong. You might try to find it in his posts.

AS LONG AS THE AVATAR STAYS ATTACHED TO THE PATH...you're good.  When the avatar is released from the Path it will fly back to it's starting point...not good!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
2 Years Ago by mark
debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thanks I'll check out that info. And I couldn't figure out where to post my question. I really don't even know how to ask it.  I searched for tutorials explaining it but couldn't find any help.  I hope IC8 does take care of this problem.

mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As far as I can tell it's working correctly in iC8 Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic