Mocap AI shakey stuff Foot sliding shenanigans

Posted By armondtanz 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
armondtanz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Ok we should establish a rule here------> Please dont post , "you need to but a $3000 mocap suit"...We know this is the best option, just trying to work out ways around MOCAP AI issues, and find solutions.
.. Ive spent nearly 5k on computer and x2 versions of reallusion software (ic7+cc3 plus ic8+cc4 plus plug ins). so im broke and having to pay for loans on said purchases!!!... 3k is about 5 years away (*sniff*)

Just wondering if on the skeleton you can kill the feet to stop them from moving? 
How could you combat shakey limbs? limbs twisting? Usually twists on torso, The legs have odd twists as well.

I find it just a constant fight. Wondering if there are any Advanced tutorials out there on maybe using the curves? setting linear keyframes?.
I always find if you remove the keyframes the motion still moves, its just a constant battle and would love to know if there are fixes for these issues im not too familiar with. 
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I was considering to buy mocap suit but I've fixed all my foot sliding issues by this so, try it, may be....

Edited
2 Years Ago by charly Rama
darkstyle8
darkstyle8
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)Senior Member (372 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yeah the mocap twitchy foot thing is annoying. The current tools don’t do much to fight it without ruining the entire animation.I’ve tried everything too using direct puppet masks and edit motion layers but the thing loves twitching
armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

I found a secret weapon and its cheap. Not a great fix, but again im not 100% 3d artist so maybe if a few people get into it we can share and find solutions...
The foot thing is half the battle, when working with Deepmotion or Plask after you sort the foot movement then your left with rotating limbs and twisting torso.

Ive downloaded a free version of Cascadeur. its free but only exports out 300 frames.... prob best go for 24fps export

heres my workflow...

1. try to fix issues in iclone. I usually go for the torso and any silly stuff but dont be too worried, cascadeur does some magic.
2.export as maya fbx (there is no textures in cascadeur so just save texture size as low as can be).
3.a Import model. 3b rig model (dead easy it recognises maya rigs). 3c select ALL joints and then import> add animation to object
4. (heres the magic and heres what i do)... i delete every 12 frames and set the animation from BEZIER to STEP... what im left is like blocking out poses. then i can start to line up the feet (on seperate layers) and i can set these to LINEAR so they dont roll thru the floor.
5. When finished tweaking set ALL the keyframes back to BEZIER. What u get is same animation but with vast majority of shakes and foot slides gone.
6.(more magic) Finally there is a real world physics , you can add this and jumping goes from cringe to quite elegant looking.
7. export out as fbx, iclone recognises it and finally touch up with hand gestures , heads etc all using layers.

Again i need to learn how to get rid of twist and turns on limbs and torso (DAMN F*CKERS!!!) but its best ive come up with!. for free.

I bought Cascadeur and its cost me £78 (50% sale) for 1 year, its says after a year its perpetual you just dont get future updates. Think its about $200 a year 

As i said its free to try. I bought it because my only option was ipisoft and that was £420 a year. 
I use plask. a guy on youtube who sells the plask mannequin to fit into iclone for £5. 

Hope this wasnt too confusing. Im no expert, im 50 yrs old and if i can do it anyone can !!!
armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Be good to see a video on this?
The workflow between MOCAP AI and your final results

have u a youtube channel, the name looks familiar?
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
charly Rama (7/13/2022)
I was considering to buy mocap suit but I've fixed all my foot sliding issues by this so, try it, may be....

This feature is HUGE in fixing the issue as far as I'm concerned ! BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I found a secret weapon and its cheap.

I do not do much MOCAP and it sounds like an interesting solution.
However it could be even cheaper, because most you described (except physics) can be done in iClone with Curve Editor.
Switching to Step/Linear/Smooth, create blocking poses and then even more, you could preliminary use optimise filter to lighten up the animation off of an excessive keys.
And then Motion Correction is a great addition alone, which is based on revised Reach Dummies routine and it works quite well in IC8 to fight sliding.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey man, 
Hows it going. Been a long time since we spoke.

Be great if u could do a vid on this. Im just lost with words and technical jargon. Be good to see this format in action. Infact it would be b-e-y-o-n-d awesome.
Or is there an example of this process on youtube?

I have a love hate relationship with curves. I usually spend forever fiddling with areas i think are going to sort stuff out, but then end up screaming at the screen half an hour later with a worse rendition than when i first started...grrrrrrr

Cheers
armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mark (7/15/2022)
[quote]charly Rama (7/13/2022)

This feature is HUGE in fixing the issue as far as I'm concerned ! BigGrin

Any solution on janky shakey-ness? Thats a real killer Sad

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Doing alright, thanks for asking...

Now lets see, as I said I do not do MOCAPS often, and I was just reading the routine you came up with.
And then I saw that you can do all that you described (and you have been doing in Cascadeur), right there in Curve Editor.
I believe there are some other things you have been doing in between, which I certainly do not know.
But if I ever hit the screwed up MOCAP, I will make a video.

Meantime, you can sure delete every 12-th frame in iClone (might take a bit to cover a long clip though).
But Sample Clip first with all parts - per frame.

Now, in Curve Editor if you go to Filter in Curve Editor menu, you will find Optimize to clean up a bit. Just play with it.
But always have a backup copy of the clip.

Then select all bones with Shift and then select all frames by dragging mouse and convert to Step (for Poses) with icon at the top.
Like that:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e7e6dcae-4faa-484a-aa68-3449.jpg

If you have something in IK Effectors section at the bottom (less likely you have something from a MOCAP) then select all bones, curves/frames and delete.
Now you have Poses as you described in you step-by-step. Continue working out between iClone and Curve Editor.

When you finish a major clean up with your routine (I hope you do - cause I did not try this method), fix the remaining slides/shakes with Motion Correction (video above).

And here I put a quick video with manual routine which I was using since iClone 7 and which became a WHOLE lot easier in iClone 8 (tor twists you may also utilize Toes dummy locks, which were never part of iClone 7).
This basically what is behind an automated Motion Correction:

Reading This Topic