Past RL Content compatibility in IC8.1

Posted By Galfridus 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Galfridus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
My delight in finding so much of my past RL content purchases available for instant download via Content/Smart gallery turns to disappointment as I discover so much no longer works correctly in IC8.01

Here are just two examples from my Iclone session yesterday:-

1) Flowing skirts Vol 2 had an excellent animated flapping wings selection.
I can load them and get an active perform menu, but only one flap!
However much I try to loop or cut and paste to duplicate the motion in the time line I cannot create a continuous flap of the wings.
Anyone been able to achieved this?

2) Weapons of War Spitfire.
Fine model which again  loads from Content/smart gallery.
Right clicking presents a full perform menu.
However, only the propeller motion on and off seems active.
All the others in the list fail.
Cannot get the undercarriage retract motion to work at all.
Anyone got a better result than I?

Spitfre is still on sale in the RL content store at $69.
Flowing Skirt Elements Vol. 2 which contains the flapping wings is currently in the RL store at $104.

I understand this is not new content but must still have some value as RL continues to sell it.
I am now much less enthusiastic about downloading past RL purchases
...and what of new content I recently purchased?  How long will Motion direction Pedestrian pack work before it suffers a similar fate to MixMoves functionality?

Geoff.Crazy

Edit: IC8.1 to IC8.01

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Edited
2 Years Ago by Galfridus
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I just checked the Spitfire and all the Perform actions are working, this goes for all the other aircraft.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Thanks very much for swift positive response Gerry.

I have tried again but get "error adding perform Command"
It suggests I search for the files and I find them all in my Ianimations template folder.

I have tried to drag and drop the Gear up ani onto the plane but it won`t allow me to do that.
I will now experiment with Folder location because program and content are installed on my D drive.
I wonder if it expects to find the motions on my C drive?

Thanks again. I will spend more time on this, now I know you can get it to work.

Geoff.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So this is what I got after using Content Manager/Smart Gallery to install the Spitfire.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c46a533a-26b9-4a8b-8f93-3e26.jpg

Most "perform" actions produce.....

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/07800735-5b59-4da1-8228-b212.jpg

and this is where Smart gallery put the motions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e550146-58ea-4d66-8004-53a2.jpg

How do I get the Spitfire to find them.?
Smart gallery install wasn`t smart enough to tell it.
I`m not smart enough to know what to do about it.

Geoff.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wanted to update this thread following a long trial and error session this morning.

Condensed version of my activities with relevant results:---

1) In IC7.9 I loaded spitfire via Smart Gallery.
same problem with "performs" but was able to find where smart Gallery had put  motions in another location.

2) Used copy and paste to re-locate motions.

3) Spitfire now fully working in IC7.9

4) Went back to IC8.01 and loaded Spitfire.
This time performs produced different error message. Along the lines of "Old version content, did I want to update"
Clicked yes and perform motion worked.
Did this for all the other performs and now have a fully working Spitfire in IC8.01.
Not suggesting this is the correct or even good way of doing things but it worked for me where smart gallery hadn`t.

I then turned my attention to the flowing wings pack I mentioned when I started this thread.

1) Again I used smart Gallery in IC7.9 to instal pack there. Everything worked as expected

2) Then returned to IC8.01 but encountered erratic and inconsistent results if I tried to animate.
Main faults were when wings were attached to an animated avatar they became "locked" from flapping and stayed in same position when avatar moved away.

3) Tried all sorts of settings. Switched on things off and off things on but to no avail.
Certainly not the same as my experience in IC7.9. Perhaps a bug in IC8?

Anyone been able to get them to work in IC8.01?

Geoff.

Reading This Topic