Profile Picture

python plug in with iclone 8

Posted By johnsongaric1 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnsongaric1
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I just upgraded to iclone 8, everything is working great except I can't seem to load my python plug-ins?  Anyone know the secret?

sungod
sungod
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
think i did read somewhere that all Python  Plugins will need an update from the author eventually to work.
These if done by Reallusion hopefully will be updated.

I am also waiting for some third party plugins to get update
Podman1000
Podman1000
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I just discoverd that as well.  Bummer.  Now we have to wait again. 
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Why do the plugins need updating? Has the Python version changed in IC8?
Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
To share my experience, it was quite a rollercoaster:

Part 1:
I downloaded in IC8 @Data Juggler's Newton's Craddle prop, controlled by Python script.
https://marketplace.reallusion.com/newton's-cradle
It was working well in IC7, however in IC8 the Python script refused to load due to some error, even as I have all iC8 Python support installed. I wrote a message to Data Juggler who, very kind as always, replied immediately telling me he will check - thank you, Data Juggler.

Part 2:
I said "no problem" - so I loaded the prop and script in IC7, ran the script, and recorded animation. I applied the recording to a fresh, non-pythonized prop, everything went OK. Opened the IC8, placed the prop on a new project, but when I applied the recorded animation, the whole prop become packed, like all its sub-props lost their positions. Tried (with a slight hope) motion alignement setting, but no avail. Eventually, the workaround was following:
- created a fres IC7 project with the non-pythonized prop with applied recorded animation.
- opened this IC7 project in IC8 - was working OK this way.
- saved the animated prop as an IC8-one and then applied it to the real project

Edited
2 Years Ago by Amper Sand
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Sorry, IClone 8 broke most of my Python scripts.

I just tried to see if I can fix this, and without documentation or answers from IClone dev team, I am stuck.

The only thing I can suggest is if you have IClone 7, you can animate the prop, and then open it in IClone 8 and it should convert the motions.

I am little frustrated no real documentation, and the one thing they sent me to upgrade isn't very informative.

I started a converter for the scripts, but I don't know all the new features well enough to build it. Reallusion should have done that.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
In another thread Peter said RL is working hard on documentation release. Hope it would be out soon.

Reading This Topic