Exporting Blender to CC3

Posted By cepheistudios 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I had a vendor create some clothes for me. She created them in Marvelous Designer and then imported them into Blender. She exported them as an FBX file and when I tried to import them the overalls were 332 feet high. I feel like there's a simple solution, but she doesn't have CC3 and she cannot download the trial version. Does anyone know a quick fix for this?
Lord_Dreadmoor
Lord_Dreadmoor
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The CC3 to Blender import plugin is free, so what I would suggest would be for her to download the plugin and install it in Blender, then you simply export a CC3 base character into a folder, zip the folder then email it to her. That way, she can import the character into Blender so she has it as a properly sized manikin to size the clothing items to in Blender before she sends them to you. Sound reasonable?

artstation.com/dreadmoormediaarts
Edited
2 Years Ago by Lord_Dreadmoor
cepheistudios
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
That sounds perfect!!! Thanks.
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
cepheistudios (3/1/2022)
I had a vendor create some clothes for me. She created them in Marvelous Designer and then imported them into Blender. She exported them as an FBX file and when I tried to import them the overalls were 332 feet high. I feel like there's a simple solution, but she doesn't have CC3 and she cannot download the trial version. Does anyone know a quick fix for this?

I agree with Lord_Dreadmoor, The CC3 addon for Blender should help with this. I suspect the Blender size of the overalls was 1 meter or so. Blender measure in meters while iClone and CC3 measure in centimeters. That's probably the root cause for the 100X scaling with a raw FBX export.

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
Edited
2 Years Ago by jeff.davies

Reading This Topic