Help with paths

Posted By debbie harmon 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Why does my avatar always move backward before following a path?  How do I fix this?  I also have a problem with an avatar entering a room, having a conversation and then leaving the room in a smooth transition. Thanks for your help.  Here is a picture of what I am talking about and a video showing it in action.   https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44a96d31-5ee3-4e19-a57b-7157.jpg
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
We've been talking about this over in the Icone thread here... https://forum.reallusion.com/506094/Character-reverts-back-to-origin-point-when-released-from-path

There is a bug that was introduced a little while back to iClone Path's and it's not fixed but 4u2' has a workaround that might work for you... although I could never get it to work for me but it's probably just me I'm afraid Smile

I usually just attach a dummy object to the path and then Link my avatar to the dummy. I do a Motion Puppet walk for the avatar and then move the dummy along the path to match the "gate & distance traveled" of the avatar's walk. I
t ain't perfect but it works till they get it fixed which I think they will at least in the next version.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
2 Years Ago by mark
debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
thank you for this info.  glad it is not just me.  I have been going crazy trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Reading This Topic