Profile Picture

Iclone to Cinema4D C4D - Joints oriented Y-up?

Posted By OokamiOokami 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
OokamiOokami
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)Veteran Member (617 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Hi, is there a way to export an FBX our of Iclone with the rig oriented as Y-up? 

Exporting using either C4D preset creates an FBX rig that is oriented Z-up. The root bone then has an added -90 rotation to make the character appear to be oriented Y-up. This is fine for some uses, but is problematic if you want to make a ragdoll or use physics. Any tips on how I can export a proper Y-up rig? 

Thanks much
Edited
2 Years Ago by muchogrande
oonabe
oonabe
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
this would interest me as well, all I could find so far implies the use of 3dxchange but I would like to find out if there is a way to export directly from iClone with a Y-up setting

if you want to know how to do this with 3dxchange there is this information on the documentation, unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to do this directly inside iClone
https://manual.reallusion.com/3DXchange_6/ENU/Pipeline/05_Export/Y_Up_or_Z_Up.htm

Reading This Topic