Video attached to prop

Posted By CRANK 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
CRANK
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Is it possible to upload a video as part of a prop. I loaded it through Materials path C:\Users\Public\Videos\...To the prop then saved in iC7.But it doesn't load for purchasers. Any advice greatly appreciated
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
The problem with videos is that it is not possible to embed them in either a prop or project. They need to be in the exact place where they were when first used. Normally a warning pops up informing the user that the file is missing or can not be located as shown below:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04351827-428b-4c0f-a352-d868.png

If the user has saved the file to another location then clicking on "Browse" will open an explorer winder that can be used to locate the file and use in in the prop/project. If you wish to share a video file for use with the project then it is possible to upload it as a zipped file that the user can download.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

CRANK
CRANK
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks Gerry. As I suspected. I sent the purchaser the video and location. Sadly not ideal.
BatMorph
BatMorph
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
wires (2/3/2022)
The problem with videos is that it is not possible to embed them in either a prop or project. They need to be in the exact place where they were when first used. Normally a warning pops up informing the user that the file is missing or can not be located as shown below:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04351827-428b-4c0f-a352-d868.png

If the user has saved the file to another location then clicking on "Browse" will open an explorer winder that can be used to locate the file and use in in the prop/project. If you wish to share a video file for use with the project then it is possible to upload it as a zipped file that the user can download.

How do you get this window to open? On on Monitor that came with a News station package it does this for me, I can locate a video and import it. Yet I just bought a TV for 299 points that says drag and drop a video, yet when I bring TV in, it does not open this box, when I target TV and try to Import, it doesn't see any type of video or iclone project, just audio. When I open explorer and try to drag one on, it has the red no circle. Did I buy a TV from marketplace with a false description? Or am I missing something? I have tried various types of video that worked in the New station prop, and they don't work.

4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Drag'n Drop does not always work. You have to open material section of the TV, find which material is the TV screen (easily identified by the current screen diffuse image) and then double click on Base Color (or Diffuse for traditional shader) map and open your video.

Reading This Topic