Multi-Passes Rendering Test

Posted By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago

Hello,

I'm not sure to follow you here, but no, I've not removed the defaults assets from their install path.

Cheers,
Guy.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
particleboy (6/10/2010)
Thanks very much for your reply Guy,

I always use external textures, for memory efficiency.

Unfortunately this is about all I understand Smile And that took me about 24 hours of thinking before I understood it. Tongue

do I understand you properly - you move all preloaded content out of the default directories and start iclone with very little default content. I guess this gives you better performance?

I'll keep at it - I'm keen to understand what you do and produce similar results myself.

thanks again.

The one part you understood was the one part I didn't quite get. 

External textures?... as apposed to the shaders that are there already?

As for the other parts.

I think Guy is saying that he created a set of UV maps to bake ambiant Occlusion into the objects. For those maps, NO UV coordanates can be overlapping as it states on the first page.   The  other UV maps (the ones that came with the objects) is what he used for the textures.

I'm guesing with the DAZ objects, at least the deffuse map carried over I think. Too bad iClone can't read .mtl files. Oh well. So I'm guessing he had to remake the bump and specular maps.

For objects he made from scratch, I don't think he needs TWO sets of UVs, because he can just make a set of UVs that don't overlap from the start and he'd be just fine.

I also don't THINK he has to make different physical versions of the city thing... just different versions of the textures so he can compile them later. 

So he could just be modifying all the textures and saving it as a different project so that he can render each one and compile them.

Gee... sorry if that didn't help much. I hope I could make at lest some of it a bit clearer. I've not tried this yet, but let's hope a future version of iClone will just let us do this in realtime with SSAO (Screen spaced Ambient Occlusion) and other techniques that current game engines use... yes it's not AS good as pre-rendered stuff YET, but it'd be a LOT closer.

Take a look at Heavy Rain for the PlayStation 3. That has some pretty nice lighting and effects and all that's rendered in OpenGL.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

kilik
kilik
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
hi it's possible to render normal map passe please

Reading This Topic