Character scale in Character Creator and iClone

Posted By General Picture Animation 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Picture Animation
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I had to do a Google site search on the Reallusion forum to find out how Character Creator reports character scale. 3 years ago Animagic explained that Ctrl-F causes Character Creator to give the height in centimeters.
This is very valuable information; I couldn't find it by using a search through the online manual.
My recommendations:
(1) Document this in a prominent way.
(2) For those of us unfortunately stuck with imperial measures, repeat the information in feet and inches.
(3) Make the info also available with a right-click on the character.
(4) Add a user control for setting the character height directly, while keeping proportions the same.
(5) Add similar functionality to iClone.

No-scale-tool-for-your-CC-characters

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

If character scale info is available automatically in the current version CC, I guess I never saw it, because that misguided and obscuring warning, PHYSX: CPU, overlays it.
PLEASE SKIP DISPLAYING THE PHYSX: CPU error message on our viewport!  

animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
I'll come to the rescue again...Tongue

In the Nvidia Control Panel, select 3D Settings from the menu bar and make sure that "Show PhysX Visual Indicator" is not selected.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3c305ab8-29a8-4f47-b48e-0d5c.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 19 minutes ago
General Picture Animation (1/24/2022)
My recommendations:
(1) Document this in a prominent way.

It's already in the manual in the "Knowing The Environment > Preferences" section. I know no one likes to read manuals but it really has a wealth of information. Ermm

https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Content/iClone_7/Pro_7.4/04_Introducing_the_User_Interface/Preference_Panel.htm

(2) For those of us unfortunately stuck with imperial measures, repeat the information in feet and inches.

You can already choose imperial or metric so feet and inches can be displayed if preferred. Again all detailed in the manual.

(4) Add a user control for setting the character height directly, while keeping proportions the same.

You can adjust the "Height" morph slider while watching the Info panel to set the Height of the character precisely. Not perfect but works well for me.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If all that is true, why doesn't it surface in a search of the manual? I'm not ashamed of my commitment to learning the program at all. i'm not responsible if the website search function is defective.

Reading This Topic