Upcomming changes to marketplace

Posted By planetstardragon 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I got the email,  but not exactly sure what it means,  can you please clarify ?   what specificially ?   I was clear on dear developers, policy changes coming,  but lost my way after that lol  Tongue

DroneMaster
DroneMaster
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Me too ... totally confused ... one sentence says they're shutting down and the next sentence they're talking about a new split ... I emailed developer support for an explanation ...

https://www.artstation.com/pascalcomics
https://www.renderosity.com/users/Pascal_Comics/gallery
https://www.deviantart.com/pascalcomics/gallery

coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Guys,  I found the post confusing as well.  They are closing all personal stores in the market place.  What is actually defined as personal store?  The entire post was vague. Lots of unanswered questions about content uploaded to their store. Everyone will have to watch and wait until their plans are completed.  Hopefully, no extra barriers are put in place to discourage new content creators. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by coolhewitt24
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
There are currently only Personal and Theme Stores in the Marketplace, so where do those assets go?

I have only free items, and they are free because they are as is, without support. So how what that work under the new model?

There should be much more clarity for freebies.

Also, the lead time for this change is way too short. And, another issue is that some developers with useful stuff are no longer around for various reasons, so what's going to happen there?

Sometimes, RL is really infuriating by introducing a change without considering the consequences.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

matenn30
matenn30
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
To animagic. It's my own feeling and guess, but I think that it may be a disadvantage because it costs money to operate the maket place site and the operation does not remain. Also, I guess, maybe the ccd asset column will be put together in a different column next to the favorite day dripper (big developer) content in the content store, and PCD and other sitters will be ccd and favorite. May contract under the umbrella of. It's just a feeling and a guess, but if that happens, the cost of operating the site on the operator side may decrease. In the case of free sale, I may report it to the operator side.

animagicさんへ。自分の感や推測ですが、もしかしたらmaket placeのサイトの運営資金がかかりまくり運営がままならずマイナスになってデメリットかもしれないと思います。又推測ですが、もしかしたら、コンテンツストアでccdのアセット欄がフェイバリットデイドリッパー(大御所開発者さん)コンテンツの隣に違う欄にまとめて作られるかもしれないです、そしてPCDやらのシッターはccdやフェイバリットの傘下につき契約するかもしれません。あくまで感や推測ですが、そうなると運営者側さんのサイト運営費のコストが減るかもしれません。無料販売の場合は、運営者側に報告するかもしれませんが。

The forum is an amateur.
フォーラムは素人です。

matenn30
matenn30
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
This is also a guess, but if you use that method, it may take 2 to 3 weeks or 2 to 3 months to review if you submit it in the content store, as in the case of iclone1 ~ 3. Or do you know if there may be a field that you can submit immediately? ..

これも推測ですがもしその方法の場合、iclone1~3の頃みたいに、コンテンツストアで提出した場合、2~3週間か2~3か月審査し時間がかかるかもしれません。それか、すぐさま提出できる欄がある可能性もあるか分かりませんが?。

Add by guess. In the case of a content store, the old ones disappear after some content is added. Even in the case of that separate frame, some old things such as sales may disappear.

推測で付け加えます。コンテンツストアの場合、ある程度のコンテンツが加わったら、古いものは消えます。その別枠の場合も売り上げなど古くある程度のものは、消えるかもしれません。

The forum is an amateur.
フォーラムは素人です。

Edited
3 Years Ago by matenn30
BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yes, I'd like some clarity on it all as well.

Does this mean my "biggstrek" store will disappear?  I actually publish via "Propmasters", but I gather and organize everything via my store first.  I guess we'll still have the backend to coordinate stuff?  (And what the heck is a "Theme" store?)

And just yesterday, I went through ALL my content (100+ items) and enabled Export Licenses for them all.  Not a terrible task, but I'd like to know the reasoning for forcing this on us.  Any ideas?

The new profit share ratio is a nice improvement, so there's at least that.  And I already support my own products, so that won't change for me anyway.

Also, I saw a video by Reallusion that says they are doing away with the Content Uploader.  Is this true?  The video was specifically about Character Creator (v4, I assume) doing the uploading from then on.  All well and good, but what about the other assets (props, etc) - and more specifically, older props and effects that I upload for v5.5, v6, etc.

Will I effectively be banned from the Marketplace if I don't own the latest version of iClone (if the Content Uploader is removed)?

Looking forward to some info from Reallusion themselves on this transition.

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

Edited
3 Years Ago by BiggsTrek
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (11/3/2021)
There are currently only Personal and Theme Stores in the Marketplace, so where do those assets go?

I have only free items, and they are free because they are as is, without support. So how what that work under the new model?

There should be much more clarity for freebies.

Also, the lead time for this change is way too short. And, another issue is that some developers with useful stuff are no longer around for various reasons, so what's going to happen there?

Sometimes, RL is really infuriating by introducing a change without considering the consequences.

What's really confusing is that if the Personal and Themed Stores in the Marketplace are going away what's left?
Also, if Personal Stores are being removed then why do they list a new profit split of 70/30 for Personal Stores?
What other kind of stores are in the Marketplace besides Personal and Themed?

There needs to be some major clarification of what these changed entail.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
@BiggsTrek: There is currently an option in Smart Gallery to upload content. I don't have access to iClone right now, but there is something like a Developer tab in Smart Gallery.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
animagic (11/3/2021)
@BiggsTrek: There is currently an option in Smart Gallery to upload content. I don't have access to iClone right now, but there is something like a Developer tab in Smart Gallery.

...which is a plugin for iClone 7+ and CC3+ (neither of which I own as my PC can't handle them.)  So if that's the future, I guess I'm no longer welcome.  Sad

EDIT:  Just re-reading the email, regarding the closing of Personal and Theme stores on Jan 3rd.  Maybe they mean FOR THE DAY and not permanently (to upgrade the system to the new rules)?

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

Edited
3 Years Ago by BiggsTrek

Reading This Topic