iClone 8 is Arriving: New Features Introduction

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi iClone Users,

For iClone 8, we strove to keep strengthening the core values of character animation with Motion Director game-play controls and powerful editing capabilities, such as animation layer editing, bi-directional blending, reach target offset for interactive motion, end effector editing, and more. With the latest innovative update, iClone 8 makes it easy to create animation in an enjoyable and productive manner. 

Besides providing a smooth pipeline to mainstream animation and game engines, iClone real-time render has been enhanced. iClone 8 also can connect to NVIDIA Omniverse – a RTX GPU based path-traced render engine, which supports USD (Universal Scene Description) data architecture for collaborative design projects. With it, users will be able to generate commercial-quality visuals directly from iClone 8.

You can check the 3D Character Creation & Animation webpage for more information about presale orders, feature comparison, and FAQs.

The following are the new features revealed in the Part One of Work-in-Progress Preview: 
  • Motion Director – Play to Animate
  • Motion-based Innovations
  • Enhanced Real-time Visuals
  • Performance & Productivity
  • Real-time / Path-Traced Render with NVIDIA Omniverse
You can check this article for a new feature highlight.

If you are interested in diving deep into the details, you can refer to this document.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a8d164d6-7bb1-4e21-8de0-7af1.png

Feature comparison: iClone 8 vs iClone 7
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cee6f256-876b-407c-90fe-0883.png

If you have further questions, please contact our Support Team, or join the discussion here.

Reallusion Team

Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Leowald
Leowald
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)Veteran Member (948 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
All these new features looks so impressive! I'm very excited to try. It looks very easy to use, and the new way to animate with a controler or keyboard like a video game is just awesome! 
I wonder if we can do that only on the ground, or on every 3D props, if there is physics...etc. 

I love also the fact we can now lock feet or hands more naturally to an object or a character. This is what I wanted so much because the result was not perfect with "Reach to" and limited. 

Thanks for the preview and also the hard work from the team to make us a perfect tool to create our dreams w00t 
I can't wait to watch the part 2!
animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

really cool, more features than I expected, congratulations, I'm very happy to see them now, now please tell us when we can buy this, all these features I think are beyond the imagination of many users. Please announce now, all these features are enough for me, add the remaining features in other updates, how can we wait after seeing this awesome trailer Smile love you reallusion
larrygj
larrygj
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)Senior Member (399 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Any idea what pricing will be for current owners of iClone 7, CC3, and 3dExchange Pipeline?
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The improvements in animation look very promising. The random character movements in an area plus follow will make crowd creation simpler.

I am curious what the actual upgrade price will be, if you can get it for $799 in content purchases. It's kind of a chicken or the egg situation, as I might want different content once I get IClone 8 and found out more about it. I guess you could always buy marketplace points and use them later.

I wish we could beta test early previews.

Spring 2022 is so far off!

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Very promising update for both iClone and CC. The animations tools seem very easy to use. But I’m surprised by the regular upgrade price for existing iClone 7 and CC 3 users : $599 for iClone and CC4 and $699 for new users. Only %100 off and a price which looks more for professionals only users. By the way, we don’t know if users of actual plugins will also a have to pay for upgrade their plugins too like Headshot, SkinGen, PopCorn, etc

What are the prices of iClone 8 and Character Creator 4? 

ProductPre-sale CampaignRegular PriceUpgrade Price
CC4Spend $399+, Get CC4 for Free$299$249
iC8Spend $699+, Get iC8 for Free$599$499
CC4 + iC8Spend $799+, Get CC4+iC8 for Free$699$599

I hope there will be an «  early bird » discount at the release of the versions in Spring 2022.

Keep up the good work Reallusion team !

Edited
3 Years Ago by pgibouin
animasyoncugu
animasyoncugu
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Why is spring 2022 not a distant date? I was thinking that we can reach iclon 8 in january 2022, can you move the date earlier? I don't know how we can wait patiently after seeing so many features. It's really sad that it's a long date, can you listen to the expectations of users and new buyers on this subject? please
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

larrygj (11/2/2021)
Any idea what pricing will be for current owners of iClone 7, CC3, and 3dExchange Pipeline?

The public prices are in the Purchase FAQ:

What are the prices of iClone 8 and Character Creator 4? 

ProductPre-sale CampaignRegular PriceUpgrade Price
CC4Spend $399+, Get CC4 for Free$299$249
iC8Spend $699+, Get iC8 for Free$599$499
CC4 + iC8Spend $799+, Get CC4+iC8 for Free$699$599
3DXchange disapear and is included into iClone 8. No need to purchase it separatly.
Edited
3 Years Ago by pgibouin
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
This looks to be another feature filled upgrade. CoolSmooooth

Spring 2022 should give the Development team enough time to perfect the features. Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
animasyoncugu (11/2/2021)
Why is spring 2022 not a distant date? I was thinking that we can reach iclon 8 in january 2022, can you move the date earlier? I don't know how we can wait patiently after seeing so many features. It's really sad that it's a long date, can you listen to the expectations of users and new buyers on this subject? please

A rushed release is not going to do any good. There are a lot of new features and rigorous testing is essential.

Every software developer knows that you can't just bring a schedule forward. Be grateful that there is a preview.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic