Profile Picture

(2022.Jan.30 updated) iClone 8 and Character Creator 4: Work-in-Progress Preview - Part One

Posted By Miranda (RL) 3 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 5 votes.

(2022.Jan.30 updated) iClone 8 and Character Creator 4:...

Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
(2022.Jan.30 updated) ♫
Dear Reallusioners,

We’re pleased to announce that the second wave of Work-in-Progress update just kicked off this week! You can find the latest feature videos of iClonen 8 (iC8) and Character Creator 4 (CC4) on our YouTube channel. 

For iClone users, the following functions are featured in the Work-in-Progress video of Part Two :
Rotoscope
 Pose Mixer
 Expandable Character-centric Timeline
 Curve Editor

For more details, please refer to the discussion thread at iClone section.

For Character Creator users, the following functions are featured in the Work-in-Progress video of Part Two :
 Scalable Expression Editing - Standard (60) | Extended (140)
 Smart Skin Shader 
 Bake shader color to texture - for Live Link or Export

For more details, please refer to the discussion thread at Character Creator section.

Further information will come after the Lunar New Year holiday (Jan. 27th - Feb. 6th). Reallusion team will return to our Taipei office on February 7th.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team or join the discussion online. We look forward to hearing any feedback/questions from you Smile

Wish you good luck in the year of the Tiger.

Reallusion Team / 2022 January

Dear Reallusioners,

Many of you have high expectations for iClone 8 (iC8) and Character Creator 4 (CC4), and after a long wait, we are happy to announce that they are ready for preview. In this first-look into the future of character production, we’ll show off the BIGGEST feature packed release ever, slated for release in 2022. We here at Reallusion have not only listened closely to your requests, but we have also continually strived to innovate beyond your expectation.

The new platform for character creation and animation is defining the future of 3D characters ready for any given render engine and 3D application. We aim to provide a character solution fit for every environment that can be enliven by digital actors.

The innovations presented in Character Creator 4 and iClone 8 make these two technologies into the pillars of power for creation and animation. New tools provide ease of use, the ability to animate with precision, and bring characters to life. 

You can check the 3D Character Creation & Animation webpage for more information about presale orders, feature comparison, and FAQs.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c01a6179-393b-4cce-9cde-4231.jpg

If you have further questions, please contact our Support Team, or join the discussion here.

Reallusion Team

Edited
2 Years Ago by Fionn (RL)
harryknow84
harryknow84
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)Senior Member (393 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Awesome 😎
vidi
vidi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
exciting news!  Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

ReiniWien
ReiniWien
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)Senior Member (440 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
hi miranda,

i saw on your page that i have to spend 400 dollars on software and 400 dollars on content.
Spend over $399 from both the Software and Content Stores during the Year End Treats period.
my problem is, i have all the software.
so will it be fine to spend the whole amount of 800 dollars just on content store to get the new release for free?

thx, ReiniWien

w7media
w7media
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)Veteran Member (772 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello Iclone user,
I just read this Year end treats thing. Do I see it right that the Iclone8 update is now chargeable...?
And did I understand that correctly with the price given?
Or is that just a pre-sale thing.... or....what did I not understand here?
Ok, with a purchase of so and so much you get it for free....but I have already bought so much software, plug ins and extensions....I don't have such a big purchase wish at the moment.
Greeting Arne
oonabe
oonabe
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)Veteran Member (837 reputation)

The new features are looking amazing but to be honest, I'm not very happy with many of the current news, I feel like I'm wasting a lot of money for nothing. I purchased 3dxchange not long ago and now it will be discontinued, I recently purchased the Curve Editor plugin and now it's going to be included in iClone 8 for free and I won't get a free update because I'm not interested to expend a big amount of money on the store for things I don't need in just two months, I hope the paid upgrade is not (almost) as expensive as purchasing iClone 8 as a new customer because if that's the case I'm out
Room101Studios
Room101Studios
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)Senior Member (356 reputation)

oonabe (11/2/2021)
The new features are looking amazing but to be honest, I'm not very happy with many of the current news, I feel like I'm wasting a lot of money for nothing. I purchased 3dxchange not long ago and now it will be discontinued, I recently purchased the Curve Editor plugin and now it's going to be included in iClone 8 for free and I won't get a free update because I'm not interested to expend a big amount of money on the store for things I don't need in just two months, I hope the paid upgrade is not (almost) as expensive as purchasing iClone 8 as a new customer because if that's the case I'm out

Yup. I didn't need it, but I upgraded to 3DX Pipeline, just to have a complete set. I was planning on migrating from Maya to iClone for animations, but after using iClone and realizing I was stuck with 90s-era Poser puppeteering, I just export my characters from CC, do a quick rig in maya using HumanIK and do all my animations there. It makes me mad, too, 'cos I bought BOTH the new hair plugins as soon as they came out, popcornFX (thinking I could export the vfx), iRay plugin, SkinGen, Headshot, thinking I would be changing my animation suite. Thankfully, I didn't get the curve editor, but I realized quite quickly, I wasn't going to be using iClone like I was planning.

This is kind of a slap in the face, to me. It's nothing against RL, but I don't need their animations, I can make my own, so me being on the hook for another 800$, with them depreciating a 599$ software I just bought this year, kinda pisses me off. 

I doubt I'll get anything other than CC4 and that's a big IF now.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Room101Studios
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
ReiniWien (11/2/2021)
hi miranda,

i saw on your page that i have to spend 400 dollars on software and 400 dollars on content.
Spend over $399 from both the Software and Content Stores during the Year End Treats period.
my problem is, i have all the software.
so will it be fine to spend the whole amount of 800 dollars just on content store to get the new release for free?

thx, ReiniWien

You can spend the whole amount on content if you wish. You will still get iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 FREE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

w7media (11/2/2021)
Hello Iclone user,
I just read this Year end treats thing. Do I see it right that the Iclone8 update is now chargeable...?

Major updates from one version number to the next have always required purchasing an upgrade. So if you already have iClone 7 or Character Creator 3 Pipeline then you can just wait until the new versions are released and then purchased an upgrade for a discounted price.

Alternatively if you need any other software or content you can take advantage of the pre-order offers and get a FREE copy.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

oonabe (11/2/2021)

Hi...

iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 are not scheduled for release until at least Spring 2022. For those who have previously purchased 3DXchange 7 and the Curve Editor you still have many months to use them before the new releases are available. In addition iClone 7 and 3DXchange 7 Pipeline can still be used on another computer at the same time as iClone 8 so your previous purchases do not need to become obsolete.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic