Profile Picture

how reduce polys

Posted By jpaul1 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jpaul1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello, i followed the tutorial made by RL on Youtube. and i can't get below 60k polys which i find high for an open world game. plus when i try to do Convert to game base, i get weird artifacts. so i was wondering how do you reduce polys for the body. i don't need to touch the clothes at this point, as i have a good 4000 polys for all 3 clothes. I just want to lower the body to something like 25-30k
this is the kind of artifact i get when i do convert to game base. plus honestly the overall result for a main character is not that great. certainly good for background character. but for a hero it's not that great
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/764ac57c-7aa5-423f-87fe-0e0d.jpg

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
What size textures do you have for your character? That adds a lot of megabytes.
Iclone has 4 types of skin textures (Head, Body, Arms and Legs) And each of those have PBR textures (Diffuse, Opacity, Normal, AO, Metallic, Roughness).
And some of those textures can be up to 4096 (4K). And then your clothes and hair have textures also. 
You can lower the quality of those to 512  in your favorite Photo App or in CC3. See if that helps.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
and i can't get below 60k polys

I wonder where you got this number from? If you say your cloth is 4K polys, then + 35366 (standard CC3+ base) makes around 40K.
Where extra 20K is coming from?

MilesV
MilesV
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Do you have hair and eyebrows on your character? You can reduce the polygon count on the hair too.
jpaul1
jpaul1
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
michaelrbarton (9/15/2021)
What size textures do you have for your character? That adds a lot of megabytes.
Iclone has 4 types of skin textures (Head, Body, Arms and Legs) And each of those have PBR textures (Diffuse, Opacity, Normal, AO, Metallic, Roughness).
And some of those textures can be up to 4096 (4K). And then your clothes and hair have textures also. 
You can lower the quality of those to 512  in your favorite Photo App or in CC3. See if that helps.

i tried with 1024. yeah i could try with my painting app

4u2ges (9/15/2021)
and i can't get below 60k polys

I wonder where you got this number from? If you say your cloth is 4K polys, then + 35366 (standard CC3+ base) makes around 40K.
Where extra 20K is coming from?

yeah default girl, but kevin is 151k. i should have paid more attention to this, i agree. But it was my first 'messing around' with CC3. And now i have spent a couple of hours on it, and i got a quite nice result, so i'd like to keep it

MilesV (9/15/2021)
Do you have hair and eyebrows on your character? You can reduce the polygon count on the hair too.

i had. i removed them. and now i have 60k

Reading This Topic