Posted 2 Months Ago
Last Active: 16 hours ago
To apply facial and lip-sync animation to ActorCore characters, first of all, you need to get the latest iClone versionwhich supports AccuLips and ActorCore characters:
How to apply facial animation:
ActorCore characters are based on the Game-Base facial topology (lower-poly) and work with all iClone Facial Editing features - Face Key Edit, Face Puppet, Facial Mocap.
Just make sure you use the traditional facial profiles. ExPlus profiles are not supported yet.
Learn more about adding facial animation to ActorCore characters:
How to apply lip-sync animation:
First, in ActorCore download options, make sure the Target Application is selected to "iClone"
With ActorCore, there are two lip-sync methods:
- Traditional Lip-sync: ActorCore characters are natively compatible with traditional lip-sync which works for all languages.
- For highly accurate English lip-sync, please follow the steps bellow:
1. Apply a CC3+ character to the scene, and use AccuLips to create the lip-sync animation sequence.
AccuLips editing currently is only compatible with CC3+ characters, but when exported, .iTalk format can be applied to ActorCore characters without problems.
2. Save the talking script as an *.iTalk file.
3. Apply the *.iTalk to your ActorCore character; then it should work like a magic!