Sorry to hear you are having problems using CrazyTalk 8.
Please try the following to see if it helps:
1. Make sure you are signed into an Administrator account. You can check this by going to Start > Settings > Accounts.
2. With CrazyTalk 8 closed down, try right clicking the desktop icon for CrazyTalk and select "Run As Administrator".
3. Try a different JPG file. Sometimes a faulty file can cause problems.
4. If the JPG file is in a certain folder/drive, try moving it to a different drive/folder and see if it will load from there.
5. If the JPG you are using is a high resolution image, try loading a low resolution image (under 1000 x 1000). Does this load without freezing.
6. Uninstall CrazyTalk 8 and reinstall. You can can do this in the Reallusion Hub by clicking the dropdown for CrazyTalk 8 and choose Uninstall.
If after trying the above you still have problems, please let us know your system specifications including graphics card in case that is the issue. Thanks.