Posted By m2smimetic 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Problem with importing CC3 characters with auto-hide meshes

Author
Question.png
m2smimetic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi there !

I'm working on a boxing app on Unity, and I would like to import a simple character as the player opponent (testing with basic assets for now, will buy proper sportswear if I can make it work) :

All assets but the gloves are the one provided in CC3,
The gloves are accessories, (too bulky to be integrated as CC3 gloves) plus a pair of invisible gloves auto-hide mesh so we cant' see the fingers poking through...

I then
- Convert it to game base, (tried single or multi-materials)
- Export as FBX (tried with embedded texture or not)

- Import in Unity, and here is what I got :

So, fingers poking through the gloves, feet skin clip through shoes : clearly the auto-hide mesh on clothes are not exported/imported well...

I tried importing through Unity auto-setup, without more success... but as the project is Using Unity 2020.3, it's probably expected.

I somebody could point me in the right direction...
Thanks !

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
We've getting this almost every week. Someone has to open a ticket...

It is a badly designed interface. On FBX export panel, there is tiny scrollbar. Scroll it down and you'd see an option to "Delete Hidden Faces" at the bottom. Check it and export.

Again, that panel should automatically adopt to screen resolution, or at least be resizable.
A lot of people are getting confused not expecting to have a scroller on popup panel.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7eeee4b0-37f6-43b3-b869-53d5.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges
m2smimetic
m2smimetic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks a bunch !

Sorry the question was already answered somewhere else : I did some searches but couldn't find this answer. :S

Extra question, if I may : I am using the latest version of Unity auto-setup, event if not compatible with Unity 2020.3.
It seems to be working correctly so far... should I expect errors or the result is only not as good ?

Reading This Topic