Profile Picture

Editing audio in CTA3 timeline

Posted By VocalPics 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have looked everywhere how to do it, but can't seem to be able to move a voice-over clip along the timeline or cut it and move sections or add new bit to a voice-over without having to delete and re-import the whole audio track onto timeline from scratch? Am I missing something?

Also if it is possible to edit voice-over and move it along the timeline, when you have animated a morph head what happens to the lipsynced mouth animations? Do you lose them or do they move along with it? Lipsyncing can take ages to animate and if a client gets back with requirements to change a bit of dialogue, what do you do? It would be great if there is a simple way to do it.

Many thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi...

Are you using CrazyTalk Animator 3 or Cartoon Animator 4? I only ask because this is in the CTA3 forum which is more like an archive forum. You will normally get more replies if you post in the CTA4 forum.

To move the voice clip you just need to select it on the Voice Clip track of the timeline and then left click and drag it to where you want. So for example, if your voice clip currently starts at frame 1 you can drag it to frame 100 and it will begin playing at that point. And if you want to break the voice clip, just go to the frame number you wish and then right click the voice clip at this point and select Break. You can then move the two parts independently.

Note: When you move a voice clip all facial animation keys will move with it.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VocalPics
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Hi Peter.
Thank you so much for your detailed response which answers my question perfectly. I just couldn't find the answer anywhere.
I am using CTA3 which I bought a few years ago and am only just now starting to use it. I am focusing on G2 character animations with morph heads which suit my video style.
It is a steep learning curve and responses like yours are extremely helpful. Thank you.
dwvc3gvps
dwvc3gvps
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Had the same issue

Reading This Topic