Primary and Secondary Avatars

Posted By JasonWynngard 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
First, I hope I can properly articulate what I'm asking. In an iClone scene, I have two avatars. I used animation only to get them posed the way i wanted. I want one avatar grasping the wrist of the other one, that's all. I have tried the following to no avail:
--After saving both custom avatars (created in CC3) in the custom folder, I tried loading first one then the other. My hope was to make one "primary" to get the effect I wanted.
--The hand gestures (both still and animated) affect only the left hand on one avatar and only the right hand of the other, instead of letting me decide for myself. Doesn't matter as I still can't get either to grasp the other's wrist.
-- I looked on the forum and the WWW for a means of  making one avatar the primary one so I could spoof the hand grasping the wrist. No luck. Anybody knows of a solution?

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
At the top where it says animation, there is a gesture panel. With that, you can apply hand gestures to your character. Left hand, Right hand and Both hands.
I used Motion Layer to move arms and hands. And I used gestures from the hold folder. I also used face and expression (angry). I hope this helps you.
The motions I used were iClone 7 motions, Idle for each character.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/25d1e453-388a-4be3-871a-3251.jpg
Edited
3 Years Ago by michaelrbarton
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Doesn't matter as I still can't get either to grasp the other's wrist.

Still not clear what you are trying to do.

Are you just posing characters? (then Michael has already shown).

Or are you trying to have primary grab the hand of secondary and have secondary to follow indefinitely, while you are animating primary?
If latter, then you have to create a special link/lock.. Let me know and I'll show one way to make it.

morandevon04
morandevon04
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you. It was really helpful at least for me.
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Thank you Michael, your solution works. Really appreciate you taking the time to explain.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Thank you. I am no expert in 3D. Iclone is by far the easiest 3D program, and offers the most satisfying results. I am here to
help with the best of my knowledge and ability. 
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It appears the solution offered here works. BUT, it also appears it depends on which character you place on the workplace first. Otherwise, the one doing the holding just stays in the background and the gesture is behind the receipt character.

Reading This Topic