Profile Picture

Unity Auto Setup

Posted By Victor.Soupday 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 11 votes.
Author
kristof.van.rooy
Posted 3 days ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 42 minutes ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2f134ec1-e93a-44ec-b632-9eec.pngi thought i'd add our character we worked long on multiple times in unreal it is only 1.2 million triangles for all characters performance is still bad because of the materials but this is a stresstesthttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a1c5f4aa-672b-41c5-b566-4ee3.png
Attachments
image unity.png (6 views, 1.00 MB)
Edited
3 days ago by kristof.van.rooy
Victor.Soupday
Victor.Soupday
Posted 3 days ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
kristof.van.rooy (10/24/2024)
can someone help me: in unity both hdrp and urp using the tool my polycount of the characters goes from 50 000 - 90 000 in character creator to 500 000 + triangles for a character even in the test scene with just one camera. It is consistent with all characters i tested. Is this a bug in the new versions or am i doing something wrong during export or setup? There is no thing sticking out in terms of polygon count everything is very high. I thought maybe its the lighting but in urp it is similar triangles per character. 

Unity Game window stats report the total number of verts / triangles / batches across all render passes, i.e. each light, depth pre-passes, etc. It's very misleading. It doesn't report the number of triangles in the scene, it reports how many times those triangles are used in the various render passes and draw calls.
kristof.van.rooy
kristof.van.rooy
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
thanks victor, yeah it doesnt seem to depend to much on triangles still a lot . What do you guys do and what polycounts do you get in unity? just a question. I jumped to urp and baked all materials its still very very high but at least the frame rate isnt like 4 fps anymore. I mean this shouldnt tank an rtx gpu BigGrin.
Edited
Last Week by kristof.van.rooy
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted Yesterday
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
 eduu.porto (10/9/2023)
Hi there,
I was trying to import CC4 models into my URP project using Auto Setup 1.5.2 for URP15 into my project in Unity 2023.1.16f1 and I am getting pink materials and shaders with compiler errors.

Pink shaders usually means you have the wrong version for the render pipeline, but I'd need to see the errors to be sure.

Hello, https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8581bbcd-ccb2-4c8e-a894-277d.jpgI'm having the same problem with pink materials for the skin. I used:
CC/iC Unity Tools 1.6.3 HDRP12 Latest
For Unity 2021.2+
I'm using Unity 6.000.0.24f1 with HDRP for the render pipeline. Any suggestions to correct the issue?
Thank you.

Reading This Topic