Profile Picture

Workflow for importing my own mesh (Blender)?

Posted By regulusfen 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
regulusfen
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So I did a little test and it worked but now it is not working so well, I exported the default avatar with clothes
Imported it into Blender, I added a simple leg band to test, transferred mesh data and bound to the armature manually
exported The full avatar with all the same items with the added leg band and the leg band worked without a problem.

Now when I try the same steps the mesh jumps (offsets) below the armature. All transforms and what not are applied to the
leg band.

I am very new and just wondering if anyone can provide a link or info on the proper workflow for this?

Also is it even allowed?

(Edit: I should mention when I go into edit mode on the leg band it snaps back into place).
screen shots - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/770311702540582962/856263385749782598/Capture.000.JPG
                       https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/770311702540582962/856263392234700810/Capture.001.JPG
Thanks!

5 year 3D Hobbyist - Blender, GIMP, Substance Painter, Inkscape, Unreal Engine,
Unity, Materialize

Edited
3 Years Ago by regulusfen
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
What are you trying to do? 

Create a clothing item?

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

regulusfen
regulusfen
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Yes, have outfits in Blender and would like to rig, not sure if that is possible?

Not sure how I did it but I did get it to work one time, just copied mesh data (vertex groups) then
manually bind it to the armature from CC3 and exported from blender / reimported with the fbx key into CC3
and it did work once.

wish I would have saved that .blend

so yeah in a way I make clothes but not inside CC3 yet, only blender for now, any clue or workflow links?

Thanks!

(Edit) from what I am reading I just need to export the said character and make my clothing item in Blender
export it as fbx/obj from blender and import as an accessory and adjust it accordingly inside CC3.
as I said it did work once not sure how but I rigged it to the actually CC3 rig inside blender exported and it worked oh well)

Unity, Materialize

Edited
3 Years Ago by regulusfen
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Do you have CC3 Pipeline? If you do, you can transfer skin weights. If you make any clothing, you can export from
Blender as an FBX or OBJ file. Then you can bring it in to CC3 Pipeline. Fit the clothing on the avatar to your liking.
Then transfer skin weights, and your clothes should bind to your avatar. Only the Pipeline version of CC3 will allow you 
to Transfer Skin Weights. 
You can download the Trial version of CC3 Pipeline from the HUB. The trial version gives you 30 days.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can do it that way. Here is a guide I put together. Note that it is a bit old, because that was the only way to do it back in CC2 days.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nsNVGroEz6Nk53VDI1VlB1d1E/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-T-JjRJHufnPrqtlbymZ0qw

With CC3 Pipeline, there is also the option to import the the clothing as accessories, and then weight them with the internal tools.
https://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/08_Cloth/Creating_Custom_Clothes_OBJ.htm

regulusfen
regulusfen
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you very much, Yes I do have CC3 Pipeline and yes Thank you for the information and Links!

Unity, Materialize

Reading This Topic