attach vs link

Posted By debbie harmon 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
debbie harmon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I would like to save a created scene/set to the props.  I am unable to attach swaying trees and flowers.  I can only link but these do not save in the scene when I add the scene to props.  Is there a way to work around that.  I want the whole scene to become an iprop.  Thanks
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Trees and flowers are different from props. You can save those together as a 3D Scene.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything in the manual, but I tried it out, and a 3D scene saves trees, flowers, and grasses, as well as terrains, the sky and any lights.

If you have props you want to save as well, you can temporarily convert them to terrain items. Right-click on a prop and select Convert to Terrain. Once the 3D Scene has been loaded, you can convert these sub-terrains back to props.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thank you for the information

Reading This Topic