UE5 & Reallusion - Tips & Tricks

Posted By Bassline303 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Garry_Seven_of_one
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Bassline303 (6/5/2022)
JoeGideon (6/5/2022)
Stylemarshal - how "expensive" is your path tracing render of the orange dress girl in UE5 -- meaning how long did it take to render a frame?

Outside scenes are rendering way faster cos the lights don't have to bounce around so much.
The render took about 5s each frame ... 1080 HD.
I denoise in post.

Hey @Bassline that looks very nice can I ask how many special and temporal samples you used to get this, and what are you using for post? I’m using resolve but wondered if you use anything different.

On another topic, the live udraper stream with JSfilmz was very interesting. I’m going to ask him directly, but have you ever tried using a .obj that is not from MD as I have a dress on a rig in Maya that is skinned and would like to use that to sim. I’m guessing though if I Wanted to change the sim properties for the top of the dress and the bottom then I would have to separate the mesh in to 2 pieces? Anyway, I will ask him directly but just wondering if you had tried it?

Sorry for all the questions, but you you kinda know everything. :-)

Thanks.

Garry, Clearstream, Seven_of_one
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f8c0246a-f887-417d-9f3c-b22c.png
My Pinterests
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
@Garry

lol ... sometimes I think I know nothing ... thx for the flowers Garry but it is a lie ... I do not know everything ! 🤪

So PT ,

here I used 250 Spatial Sample Count , temporal 1.
Rendering a movie with PT : I start with 5 sample counts .... renders 10f per second (hell fast) and shows the overall scene quality and animations really well with pixels of course , so you can see where you have to tweak lights a.s.o.
When I am happy with the result I crank up sample counts to 100-300 without denoising.(depends on the scene)
I am using "Neat Video Reduce Noise V5" in my eyes the best denoiser for videos on the market (after testing all others some time ago)

You really should try PT , it is damn fast and it looks so good to me ! (As far as you don't do games)  😀 

uDraper :  The best workflow I found is to fit all clothes or object clothes from DAZ , CC or Maya in MD , so you don't get bad UVs for sim or wrap. Some clothes may work directly from DAZ or Maya.

Edited
2 Years Ago by Bassline303
Garry_Seven_of_one
Garry_Seven_of_one
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Bassline303 (6/6/2022)
@Garry

lol ... sometimes I think I know nothing ... thx for the flowers Garry but it is a lie ... I do not know everything ! 🤪

So PT ,

here I used 250 Spatial Sample Count , temporal 1.
Rendering a movie with PT : I start with 5 sample counts .... renders 10f per second (hell fast) and shows the overall scene quality and animations really well with pixels of course , so you can see where you have to tweak lights a.s.o.
When I am happy with the result I crank up sample counts to 100-300 without denoising.(depends on the scene)
I am using "Neat Video Reduce Noise V5" in my eyes the best denoiser for videos on the market (after testing all others some time ago)

You really should try PT , it is damn fast and it looks so good to me ! (As far as you don't do games)  😀 

uDraper :  The best workflow I found is to fit all clothes or object clothes from DAZ , CC or Maya in MD , so you don't get bad UVs for sim or wrap. Some clothes may work directly from DAZ or Maya.

Thanks my man. Yeah I’ve used PT before for a simple look left face anim with eyes opening back when I had my 2070 super and used 250 spatial and 2 temporal as the motion blur looked a bit strange. It kind of took a long time, and that was in 4.27 with no groom, so will do some testing.

As for udraper, I’m def going to get it but I know if I get it now I will mess around with it immediately, and I have to finish the girl statue sculpture first. as soon as that is done I’m back into stylized with udraper and can have the time to actually use it.

So with importing an obj from daz or CC4 or Maya or whatever, you are using the single UV space rather than multiple for the entire garment. I guess it depends on what you are exporting in and how many pieces. Anyway, I’ve seen enough to sign up for it, the wrap function sealed the deal on that one, I’m sick of weight painting in Maya as the CC3/4 weight tools are pretty bad, and the wrap function would save a lot of time for some pieces.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Garry

Garry, Clearstream, Seven_of_one
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f8c0246a-f887-417d-9f3c-b22c.png
My Pinterests
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

UE5 - CC4 - PT (render time 40min)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f666f026-2109-4242-bf04-453d.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/254ca9b4-8a58-4858-a1e3-648e.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/88c1448d-c1ff-49db-9101-104e.png

JoeGideon
JoeGideon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That is amazing work Stylemarshal! I love the design!
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hi Bassline,
Cool, Great Work. 👍👍👍
Greetings rosuckmedia
Sekker2k4
Sekker2k4
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
HI!
I have imported several times my model from CC3 to UE5 and the skelleton is so big.
last plugin i am already useing.
there is a solution?
Edited
2 Years Ago by Sekker2k4
oberdoofus
oberdoofus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Anyone know a good way to create random CC characters from a base character mesh for a large crowd scene (100+) in UE5. e.g. Different random sizes of footsoldiers in a medieval army.

I think mainly need to randomize / change size of character and maybe clothing color. The only approaches I've found so far is to either use modular characters (+master pose component) or vertex animation - none of which I know anything about! Lol
Anyone have any experience of either?
Thanks in advance
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I like UE AtomsUnreal , it works very well with CC3/4 and you can use the Learning Edition for free.

They updated the plug in with more features to 3.2 but I only have older videos :

oberdoofus
oberdoofus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@bassline - Many thanks! I'd completely forgotten about atom crowds. As always - ask and bassline shall deliver!

Reading This Topic