Flip or Transform Sprite vs. Creating New Sprite

Posted By lightbearer 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lightbearer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have a question about transforming or flipping a sprite (not the whole character). I am unable to locate the tool to flip a sprite - a screenshot is attached. In this case I want to flip / transform the hand in the Y direction. In After Effects, I would simply scale the object along the -Y direction and that would do the trick. Is there a way to do this with the spite in Cartoon Animator or do I have to create an entirely new sprite for to represent this?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4dee0190-aa73-4b23-99e0-4dd8.jpg
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You should be able to use the 3D Motion Key Editor.
Select the hand and use the rotate gizmo to rotate the hand as needed.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b31c86f6-c320-4925-915f-de33.png
I used the green axis to rotate the thumb to point up:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/85ece278-36b7-42bf-b3da-24f8.png

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
lightbearer (5/24/2021)
I have a question about transforming or flipping a sprite (not the whole character). I am unable to locate the tool to flip a sprite - a screenshot is attached. In this case I want to flip / transform the hand in the Y direction. In After Effects, I would simply scale the object along the -Y direction and that would do the trick. Is there a way to do this with the spite in Cartoon Animator or do I have to create an entirely new sprite for to represent this?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4dee0190-aa73-4b23-99e0-4dd8.jpg

You have to add a sprite from Photoshop or other PSD editors.
1. Go to Composer Mode, 
2. Launch to External PSD Editor.
3. Find the Hand Group
4. Copy your Hand sprite.
5. Flip the sprite.
6. Save your PSD file (Ctrl + S)
7. Go back to Cartoon Animator
8. Check your hand sprite (Open Sprite Editor)
9. Go back to Stage Mode. 
10. Set a sprite Key to change your character hand.

Kyle

lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)Veteran Member (691 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you. I appreciate the response.

Reading This Topic