Profile Picture

Can you copy a sprite from one G2 character to another

Posted By VocalPics 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am creating a female character using an outfit from the G2 body composer kit 2. I need to have a long sleeve jacket which I can turn completely black. Initially the upper2_02 jacket looked ideal... but unfortunately it has a cleavage which is not appropriate for the animated character I need to create!

I then noticed that Upper_2 01 jacket didn't have a cleavage, but it has a neck scarf which I want to change for a normal neck. I can see that this neck scarf sprite replaces the normal default neck. All I want to do is remove the neck scarf and replace it with a default flesh coloured neck without having to create the actual artwork myself. I have managed to delete the neck scarf, but cannot work out how to replace it with the standard neck? I hope it is possible. 

It would be a life saver if someone could provide me with instructions on how to do it step by step as I am very new to this program.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Basically all you have to do is: add the outfit to the character, delete the neck, save upper as custom, reload character, add custom upper to character.
Here is a quick video showing how to get rid of the scarf:

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

VocalPics
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

jlittle (5/13/2021)
Basically all you have to do is: add the outfit to the character, delete the neck, save upper as custom, reload character, add custom upper to character.
Here is a quick video showing how to get rid of the scarf:

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
First of all thank you so much for finding the time to show me step by step by video! What a star. Extremely helpful and something I will be doing a lot of as I create more customised characters.

One further angle on this topic, is it possible to mix and match parts from one outfit and add them to another outfit e.g. say you like the upper torso of an outfit but the rest of the outfit has short sleeves, can you take the longer sleeves from a different outfit and add them to the torso you like to make a long sleeved version and apply it to a character? If I could do this then I think I could create just about any style of character using Body Composer kit 1 and Body Composer kit 2.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can do the same for the arms as you do for the scarf.
Delete the upper and lower arms, save the upper.
Undo the deletions (or reload character) and apply the upper without arms.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5c5afe20-9afc-46cc-a97e-149c.jpg

Note that the existing sleeves take on the color of the upper applied.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
3 Years Ago by jlittle
VocalPics
VocalPics
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Jeff. That last bit of info was a game changer for me. Brilliant.

Just in case this helps anyone else, in my instance I applied a long sleeved top from an upper body template, deleted the torso, saved the sleeves without torso as a custom upper body and then clicked undo to bring back the deleted torso. Swapped the upper body for a T shirt (with the neck line I wanted) from an upper body template and then added the custom upper sleeves I just saved and hey presto I created my own top with long sleeves. 

Reading This Topic