Profile Picture

Black Character Hair (Daz to CC3+ to iClone 7) - What settings to use?

Posted By lightbearer 8 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Black Character Hair (Daz to CC3+ to iClone 7) - What settings to use?...

Author
lightbearer
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago
I have attached a render with three images placed side by side; one from Daz, one from iClone with High quality enabled and one with Quick Mode / Preview enabled. The issue I'm having is that in CC3+ / iClone 7, I am unable to get the correct settings to make the hair look similar to the Daz Studio render. (I know the lighting is different. I am referring to the hair texture.) The hair in Quick Mode | Preview looks somewhat accurate, but the High quality mode makes the hair appear like coiled magnetic tape from a cassette. The character is the G8M Kingston character with G8M Leroy beard, and the hair is Short Afro Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 | Daz 3D. Any suggestions?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9b8abc4a-58d6-4e09-9edb-a375.jpg

Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (29.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Without looking I'm going to guess that hair is fibermesh and if it is there's no way you can get it to look the same inside of Reallusion products.

You need poly hair.  I've yet to see any afro style hair done with polys - I'm guessing it's *possible* but so very difficult no one has yet done so.  The good news is that RL has stated they are working on some African-American hairstyles, so I suspect you'll just need to be patient (if I had a gun to my head I'd say before the end of summer but who really knows?)

Edit: Yep, by looking I found it is indeed fibermesh. Do NOT use fibermesh hair inside of RL products.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
8 Months Ago by Kelleytoons
lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted 8 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)Junior Member (164 reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
I appreciate you taking the time to investigate. Thank you for your response.

Reading This Topic