Profile Picture

What are the recommendations if I want to do facial motion capture from a video

Posted By cynsegura 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What are the recommendations if I want to do facial motion capture...

Author
cynsegura
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I tried long time ago with Many cam and faceware and motionlive
I was asking if there was any update to do this in a better way.

Many thanks
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Hi, as Mike Kelley  said, like him, I have both, and I leaved faceware. For now, the only way for facial mocap is using ARKit blendshapes , faceware doesn't use it, only liveface uses it with iphone or ipad compatible. Forget wifi when you mocap, use only cable (ethernet or USB, simple usb works fine for me) 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Since you mentioned Many Cam I wondered if you are also talking about capturing video from outside sources (in other words, not having a live subject in front of your own computer).  Faceware can do this, and I show how to do it using Many Cam.

The good news is that Live Face with the iPhone can do this as well.  Weirdly enough.  I can't even explain it other than to show it in a video I made, but you *CAN* capture using Live Face off a video, if that's what you want to do.  As Charly says, Live Face with an iPhone is the way to go nowadays, so if that particular thing is what you want it can do it as well.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic