Daz content loads in as A Pose, broken skinning

Posted By gekido 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gekido
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Been running into this randomly when bringing clothing across from Daz - I have the clothing setup in Daz properly, I apply the reallusion 'TPose' to the character and export it to FBX

When I load it into Character Creator, the Clothing loads in as if it's in an A-Pose, but it ends up being bound to the CC Character in a TPose, which blows up the skinning obviously.

I'm loading content primarily with the Genesis 8 Female currently...

Ideas? Seems random - Transformer works with some stuff, but then this happens with others...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f1bd0a6c-d535-407c-8c07-1f1c.png

www.twitter.com/gekido 
gekido
gekido
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)Veteran Member (867 reputation)

Super strange. it's not specific to any clothing item at all - just 'sometimes it works',. sometimes the clothing loads all screwed up like this. Can't figure out what is causing this. Pretty positive I'm using the exact same FBX export settings, etc...sigh...

www.twitter.com/gekido 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 30 minutes ago
I'm going to guess that's a Geo-shell, which can NOT be loaded in properly through Transformer (or any other method, really, although it might be worth a try through 3DX).  While you can load the Geo-shell maps in you will not get the molding that Geo-shells offer.

If you tell me which items in particular it is I can test them on my end.  But I'll bet you a dollar that's your issue.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Oh, there is ONE more possibility -- as an entire "suit" it might be weighted wrong.  I cover that in depth here:

But in any case, just let me know exactly what items you're having issues with and I'll help.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
3 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
gekido
gekido
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Yeah it's strange how it's only certain outfits that are doing this - I wasn't aware of this 'geoshell' concept, but that might be the case? 

Here are 2 outfits that I've been struggling with:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-beautyworks-cyberpunk-outfit-01-for-genesis-8-females
https://www.daz3d.com/cr-sci-fi-suit-for-genesis-8-females

I'm totally fine with reskinning then manually - except that first outft has super baggy pants that will be a pain ;P

Thanks for your help!

www.twitter.com/gekido 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, I'll check both of these out this evening when I get back from tennis (I'm just about out the door or I'd look at them now).

Neither one looks like a Geo-shell, so I'm not sure what's going on but I promise you I'll find out.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You could disconnect the clothing from the character in DAZ. As long as the clothing surrounds the character, it will auto-rig with the Transformer. The DAZ clothing rigging is not actually used. Another option would be to export the clothing as OBJ, import as accessory and transfer the skin weights.

For the one with pants, it will work better to have the legs in an A-pose, to prevent any cross weighting between the legs.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Rampa
gekido
gekido
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

ah interesting - I didn't realize that the rigging wasn't used - that was one of the main reasons I was bothering to fight with the transformer at all.  I'm totally fine with having to clean up the skinning on the CC side, I have to do that with most pieces anyways...

Thanks! That makes the whole pipeline much simpler as well.

www.twitter.com/gekido 
gekido
gekido
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

when you say 'disconnect the clothing' - do you just mean unparenting the clothing or by simply loading it into a scene without the character selected (so it just appears in the scene directly)? 

www.twitter.com/gekido 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would not do either one -- frankly, I wouldn't pay any attention to what Rampa says here (he normally is very knowledgeable.  Just not this time).

Transformer works fine and is the preferred method for both these items (remember that trying to do it with an OBJ is a PITA in many, many ways -- I would NEVER advise anyone to try and load Daz clothing/items in that way.  Unless they are a sadist).  

In the case of the Cyberpunk outfit, it loads just fine for me with no issues:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c933761f-c86b-482d-ab08-d9bb.jpg

The CR Sci-Fi outfit is a bit trickier.  If you apply the whole outfit it will hide the feet, and I discuss this in detail in many of my tutorials but in this case it's easy peasy -- just load another Gen 8 female in.  When importing, uncheck the first one.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a64640e8-20e1-435b-95c9-aa2f.jpg

(Oh, and I got rained out after a set.  Sigh).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
3 Years Ago by Kelleytoons

Reading This Topic