Path Problems

Posted By jessicalcrichton 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi. I posted this before but now I can't find it. If someone deleted it because it already has an answer or something, it'd be great to be told that and shown where that answer is. Otherwise, I'm posting again because I still need help here.

Please tell me why my character is shooting back and forth, and why the dotted path is behind her and opposite the actual path. I'm starting her where she actually begins when I import her, but for some reason it keeps wanting to throw her backwards then throw her to the end of the path. I need her to just walk from the beginning of the path to the end, but this seems to be too difficult for iClone to do.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Thank you, and if you feel this needs to be deleted, please tell me why and point me to where I can find help with this, since I have looked extensively and haven't found anything about it so far.
jessicalcrichton
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)Veteran Member (885 reputation)

Also, I have seen that the dots are the path they will actually walk, and that you can change the path with the directional boxes, but I tried that and this one is far too backwards to do that in any way that works. iClone REALLY doesn't want to make the dots follow the path I actually want and is pushing back too hard for me to do it manually.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Is this you under a different name?
https://forum.reallusion.com/475648/Iclone-7-A-Shift-of-character-position-when-it-is-picking-a-PATH
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
What you are seeing is the transition from your character's last position at the end of the motion clip to the attach point of the path. A path is a "Constraint".
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d40d694c-5f38-4198-9b4c-2f57.jpg

So if you move the start of the blend for the constraint as far to the right as possible, you will have no transition. In this case, you probably want to very carefully align your first path point with your character's position to avoid your character jumping to the first path point.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/449d7da2-1247-42ea-b6db-3fed.jpg

jessicalcrichton
jessicalcrichton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you!

Reading This Topic