Profile Picture

Recording iClone Animation with Sequencer inside UE4

Posted By graeme_389730 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
graeme_389730
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, 
I have an animation inside iClone that I have linked in Ue4. I want to record this iClone animation with a UE4 camera using Sequencer ( I dont want to bring over the Camera from icLone).
I set up a new Sequencer and rendered out my shot. When the sequencer starts recording in Ue4 I press play in iClone and the animation plays in Ue4 and is recorded by Sequencer.
When I watch the video back the speed is really fast, so much quicker then the animation. 

Any idea how to fix the speed so it plays normal ?
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/444938/Time-in-Unreal-Sequence-Shorter-Then-iClone
graeme_389730
graeme_389730
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)

Thanks for the feedback but this is not what I'm attempting to do. I am not importing iClone cameras into UE4. I am not using The Sequencer Recorder.

This is my workflow: 
I add Master or Level Sequencer in Unreal Engine.
I open Sequencer and add Cine Camera. I then put the Cine Camera near the Live Linked animation from iClone.
I then render the sequence (not using Sequencer Recorder) When I press Render in Ue4, I go to iClone and press play, so the animation plays in Unreal Engine and is recorded by Sequencer. 
It records the animation coming from iClone but the speed is crazy fast when I playback the AVI file. I need to slow that down. That is the problem I'm facing. 
I don't want to use iClone cameras as I have many ue4 cameras setup which I want to use in Ue4 to record the animation coming from iClone via Live Link.
Any suggestions?
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

graeme_389730 (1/15/2021)
Thanks for the feedback but this is not what I'm attempting to do. I am not importing iClone cameras into UE4. I am not using The Sequencer Recorder.

This is my workflow: 
I add Master or Level Sequencer in Unreal Engine.
I open Sequencer and add Cine Camera. I then put the Cine Camera near the Live Linked animation from iClone.
I then render the sequence (not using Sequencer Recorder) When I press Render in Ue4, I go to iClone and press play, so the animation plays in Unreal Engine and is recorded by Sequencer. 
It records the animation coming from iClone but the speed is crazy fast when I playback the AVI file. I need to slow that down. That is the problem I'm facing. 
I don't want to use iClone cameras as I have many ue4 cameras setup which I want to use in Ue4 to record the animation coming from iClone via Live Link.
Any suggestions?

Same thing ... Project Setting - Untick -  "Fixed Frames"

graeme_389730
graeme_389730
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi, fixed frames is unticked in my Project Settings, I never ticked it.
I;ve tried playing with the Live Link Blueprint but I cant get it right. Does anyone else have this workflow, or are most people importing iClone Cameras into Ue4 and using Sequencer Recorder?
The problem is if I cant use this workflow I have export FBX animation files from iClone into Ue4 which takes forever. 

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

With FBX import you will get the best quality !

Your workflow is strange for me...did you try activating fixed frames?

I only use UE Cams , but I import the Characters via FBX ... Live Link only for PreViz.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Bassline303
graeme_389730
graeme_389730
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi, thanks for the feedback. So I guess the best workflow is to export the fbx from iClone into Ue4. 

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated. 
Nick GlassB
Nick GlassB
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm having this exact issue. Read the feedback and find it hard to believe the only solution is fbx export!

Have you tried importing the iclone camera to see if it still happens? I've tried everything else apart from that. 

I can't help thinking it's so etching to do with frame/sample rate. 

Reading This Topic