Posted By Eric C (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[Submit your Python Wishlist] Reallusion Python Wishlist Thread

Author
Sp3c1alk
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
We need an app for android for facial mocapp. 

A program to make clothing/armour would be helpful. I would envision this as section by section. Long sleeves, short sleeve chest, chest, robe, dress, 1/2 robe right, 1/2 robe left, shorts, pants, socks, boots, shoes, robe, dress, etc. Also different ways to combine them with seems. 
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I should like to see a routine that allows a jump out of iClone to a piece of standard code that executes and returns a number of results ie data to a set of variables in iClone for subsequent use. Teh code jumped to could be any programming language.

I realise this is asking for trouble if the code fails to execute, but that is down to the coder.
You might have to impose time limits on the  return time, and some kind of matrix structure on the data returning. But the possibilities for expansion would be unlimited.
Regards
SeanMac
Abhi29
Abhi29
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I would also like to see Iclone do something with TOON RENDER Style, Recently I was watching trailer for What If.. ??  series by Marvel, that hits me with Idea, why Iclone 7 is not doing anything with such a beautiful shader style.. Toon Renders are hot cakes these days, and new plugin will help artist to create more beautiful models and renders for their ongoing project. i know iclone 7 has this option already, but honestly speaking  i will not rate their toon style render anyway near to optimum quality. its been a while, the feature stays like that only and feels its time now, some plugins should come in with powerful shader options.
i4ugui
i4ugui
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)New Member (67 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I wish to have future plugin which could make easy paint and create anomated clothes for my character, like armor, boots, jewelry accessories, for RPG game or something else.
dan_037361
dan_037361
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Unreal/Unity Extended Skeleton Compatibility for Popular Frameworks
======================================================
In Unreal and Unity there are some hugely popular frameworks that are used for jumpstarting games. For example, the Advanced Locomotion System v4 (ALSv4) is so successful that Epic bought out the developer and hired him fulltime. Another one is Dynamic Combat System (DCSv2). There is a whole ecosystem of people that offer services for ALSv4 and similar, including the retargeting of skeletons for compatibility with such systems. Even though products like Character Creator already offer fantastic game engine compatibility and support, Reallusion could gain a market advantage by offering extended support for such popular frameworks, where plugins would automatically prepare the skeletons for increased compatibility and out-of-the-box plug-and-play. 

What is this plugin for?
Extended skeleton compatibility and integration for popular game engine frameworks/plugins

What functions are missing from the current RL plugin marketplace?
The plugin(s) would automate and slipstream the exporting (or importing) or Reallusion characters into the game engines with a automatic compatibility for the selected frameworks. For example, in ALSv4, the skeleton has some extended virtual bones to the standard UE skeleton - in this case the plugin would automatically prepare these virtual bones for the user, saving time and avoiding user-made mistakes.

Similar plugin and sample videos that demonstrate the idea:
The steps required to get Reallusion characters to work with game engines are often documented on YouTube for others to follow. Here is an example of the tedius steps required for Unreal ALSv4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ezPyfha1Q

How would this plugin benefit other iClone users?
Exporting and importing characters is made even easier for popular engine frameworks/plugins, saving Reallusion users time and allowing more characters to be developed and tested. New (potential) users are drawn to Reallusion for ease-of-use, offering a clear advantage over upcoming alternates such as Epic Metahumans.

Thanks for your great products!

Dan Krusi
dan@nerves.ch
pmbabela
pmbabela
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi! Team
We need a CC3 API.
Regards
Phumlani Mbabela
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I would like to see the API have a way to get to child props.
That is the biggest feature missing.

I have already made videos in which I explain to me people in the instructions you have to detach the sub prop from the parent to be able to use the API, and that is a huge limitation / irritation.

Here is one such video:

I am currently making a wheel spin Python script, but again it would nice not to have to include instructions for detach the prop from its parent, which also requires instructions for reattaching and / or linking instead.

Thank you

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

0oseven
0oseven
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

replies to  planetstardragon

Yes - I have used pyswarm for having aircraft chase each other - its a good fetaure but not necessarily my first choice in extra funtion. 
"https://player.vimeo.com/video/85405551?badge=0&autopause=0&player_id=0&app_id=58479" 

In fact Carrara is my software of choice it can do SO MUCH even without the plug ins.and considering it has not had an update for over  12 years [ Daz dropped it } 
I recommend Reallusion take a hard look at it for inspiration especially the interface.    
Edited
3 Years Ago by 0oseven
0oseven
0oseven
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

deleted - as already posted - no delete button !!
Edited
3 Years Ago by 0oseven
0oseven
0oseven
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would like some kind of  fracture/ demoltion feature as found in Blender's free add ons.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 0oseven

Reading This Topic