iClone 8 wishlist

Posted By FallenNInja 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
mtakerkart
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
@AlexKong

You can move the whole Hand finger or one finger at a time in this panel...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/596b498c-e7b3-447f-afd4-44c3.jpg
AlexKong
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
UPDATE: Nevermind, uncompressed they work just fine!

================

I wish videos would unload from memory if you hide the billboard that have them or if you turn them off in the background.

Also, being able to load image sequences and not just videos would be helpful for scrubbing in the timeline, when having a video scrubbing is super jerky!

AlexKong
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
oh hey thanks!

Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I would like volumetric spotlights which can be animated - ie size / rotation /colour/ density etc
Here is an example created in Daz Carrara 8.5pro .
 The spot is positioned on the pojector and is animated with an oscillation tweener [on/off ] so creating a fast flicker . A video is applied to a plane for the film screen - The reels are animated with rotation and when played the effect is a movie projection.

Just one example of the dozens of things that can be created.I think Iclones tweeners could be expanded with more options 

In the second image spots are being used for stage lighting and the purple is in fact "volumetric fog " that swirls around the stage. because it can be animated as well as moved,scaled and positioned within its container .
So yes volumetric fog please. [ I'm still learning IC7 features so not sure if Iclones fog  works this way ]
Other lights are point lights with starburst effect applied - part of the settings so easy to do.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d1c9a64d-404d-47fb-b1db-634d.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8f924558-669c-43e3-8f10-c3c6.jpg

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

@Ooseven

Volumetric light is coming

Volumetric fog can be created with popcornfx particles wich react with light

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
@Alex,

You've made a very nice list.  Some of your Camera and Viewport comments in particular captured my attention since I have written some Feedback Tracker entries on those topics.  I'll list them at the bottom of this email.

{quote}13.   Free the Roll axis in cameras...like, WHY the hell is the Roll locked on cameras? Dutch angles are a super powerful cinematic tool! I know you can type the values on the rotation channel, but then if you move with that camera on the viewport it snaps back to zero! This one I really hate.[/quote]

I found the solution.  I knew it was in there somewhere.
a) Select your camera.
b) Edit -->  Camera --> Auto Level (uncheck it)

I find it easiest to use the "E" hotkey and rotate the gimbal in Local coordinates

That "Auto Level" option really should be on the Camera "Modify" panel, right below the "Lock Camera View" checkmark.

Some of my Viewport and Camera submissions...
Issue #301:  Multiple viewports to aid in positioning items - 3 orthographic, 1 free-form
Issue #302:  Option for a "Floating Gizmo" to be in center of viewport
Issue #495:  Please add "Switch" to the list of Mini Viewport cameras
Issue #1440:  (CC3)  Add a Create Camera function, the same as in iClone
Issue #6908:  When a CAMERA is selected, the Modify panel should display only the Attribute tab

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
3 Years Ago by justaviking
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

a) Select your camera.

OMG!!!! Can't believe it.....  w00t
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

mtakerkart (8/6/2021)
justaviking

a) Select your camera.

OMG!!!! Can't believe it.....  w00t

As long as we're on the topic, I created a Feedback Tracker suggestion.

Issue #8052:  Camera "Auto Level" option should be on the camera Modify panel

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1cce4a43-10ab-4d92-b692-6459.jpg

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
3 Years Ago by justaviking
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

AlexKong (7/29/2021)
1   Give us an option to Turn off ALL autokeying

I agree with this being an OPTION.  I firmly believe that with it Off, many people will be equally, or even more frustruated when they spend a lot of time posing a character or positioning a prop, only to discover later they forgot to create a keyframe.  To me, a keyframe is so easy to delete, that cost of an unwanted keyframe far outweighs the cost of missed ones.  But I am okay as long as it is an option.

AlexKong (7/29/2021)
26 Allow object transformation matching/aligning to character's body parts

Can you explain more what you mean?  I want to say the "Attach" option work, but I suspect there is more to your statement than what I'm seeing.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Dennis reminded me about my very first FT ticket. It was about camera to allow Auto Level by any axis - not only Z: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Allow-camera-Auto-Level-for-any-given-axis
It was mostly when I built 90 degrees twisted scenes to have water as a mirror.
After releasing Auto Level and rolling camera by 90 degrees, it was practically impossible to operate it as it kept snapping. Attaching to a prop was the only solution.
We soon going to have a "normal" mirror, yet still Leveling by any axis should be in place.

Can you explain more what you mean?  I want to say the "Attach" option work, but I suspect there is more to your statement than what I'm seeing.

I believe Alex meant the ability to align
(Ctrl+L) the object with character limbs.
That would be a nice feature to immediately place an object by character's hand, for instance and then just tweak it before attaching/linking.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic