iClone 8 wishlist

Posted By FallenNInja 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
FallenNInja
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
With iClone 7 winding down. There are a few features that, unless proven otherwise, iClone 8 MUST have in order for it to be a worth while upgrade.

Updated vegetation system:
- reworking the grass to work properly with the new render features. Option to prevent grass from rotating.
- scatter tool.
- proper vegetation painting and not the click method used now.
- replaced or revamped speed tree system with support for custom trees.

Performance:
- Proper LOD settings/support so that larger scenes can be created and worked in without horrible performance with an option to disabled LOD switching upon render.
- RTX integration so that we can have a middle ground between iray and the standard render.

Other significant features:
- individual channel rendering support. Not dependant on iray rendering. For example, rendering just the depth map.
- popcornfx support in iray.

armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Id vote also for;
Shadow Pass. I always think iClone lacks in the shadow department. To composite this in Ae would be a lot better
Still trying to work out if you can somehow cast a shadow on hidden or dummy model? 
daedalus7
daedalus7
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If there is one thing that it seems to be missing, it's support for Groom Hair. I mean, Unreal Engine has it, why not iClone/CC?
Angel Alonso
Angel Alonso
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
armondtanz I agree that render passes are necessary. However the shadows cast on a dummy object is something that IClone has been doing for a long time. there are several tutorials on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zo5Z6ann0&ab_channel=Reallusion
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for the suggestions.  Please do remember to post all suggestions in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant product teams and you will get feedback from the team there when applicable. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions normally getting priority. 

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thank you. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The link is broken 
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

AlexKong
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)

Hey guys! 

New user here, SUPER excited about Reallusion and the whole ecosystem. I've been a Maya user for 15 years now and I recently finished my first ever iclone full scene.

Here are some things that I'd love iClone to have!

1.   Give us an option to Turn off ALL autokeying
2.   Make it possible to have various viewports at the same time (Perspective, Camera and ortographics), AT LEAST...make it possible to unlock camera move on the Mini Viewport and to change the mini viewport qualty. This would be tremendously helpful for animation and lighting.
3.   Minimal mode, should still have a basic iris and pupils shader. If you want to animate in the fastest way, minimal mode is the way to good but you still need a reference of your eyes.
4.   I wish the Home focus mode, would just take you closer to the object straight from the perspective that you where in, unless it wasn't within your field of view then normal 3/4s.
5.   Also, please! Make it possible to change the hotkeys. The home button for instance is to far, and focusing on one object is basic to be able to tumble around it. There's always the K button, but anyway, being able to customize the hotkeys is I belive BASIC to any professional software.
6.   The ability to dock the time line JUST in the middle part, so that it doesn't take all the lower space, I like having long side panels because they are lists.
7.   Make it possible to move things perpendicular to the camera. (Camera plane axis)
8.   Make it possible to change the camera lens from the Preview camera!!! Actually, allow us to change all the settings from the preview camera, sometimes you want to scout the scene with a similar camera to the ones you are going to use. At least allow us to change the film gate and the lens. And yes I know I could use a new camera to do the scouting, but then allow us to turn off autokeying.
9.   Allow us to change the opacity of the film gate, right now it stays 50% black. It's good to be able to see your image with a final crop, not a "sort of" final crop.
10.   Give us a repeat last command hotkey. Actually one feature I love from maya and softimage is that middle click on a menu repeats the last action done on that menu.
11.   Make the software aware of which panel you are on and execute commands in relation to that, I hate that you have to actually click the panel. Having the mouse over a panel should be enough to make the connection.
12.   Allow cameras to be matched in position, currently you can't match one camera to another.
13.   Free the Roll axis in cameras...like, WHY the hell is the Roll locked on cameras? Dutch angles are a super powerful cinematic tool! I know you can type the values on the rotation channel, but then if you move with that camera on the viewport it snaps back to zero! This one I really hate.
14.   Create an "isolate selected" hotkey, sometimes you want to select something and isolate it from everything else, then another hotkey to deisolate (Do not turn on what was off previous to isolating).
15.   Hotkey or quick access button to select current camera and go to it's modify panel, without having to go to the scene content and select it.
16.   Make pupil scale animatable, this is basic for good facial animation.
17.   Make it possible to key the shader values (like animating the emissive brightness)
18.   A tool to add random timewarp variance to a loop, this would be a KILLER feature to add randomness to a cycle.
19.   Create a look through selected light feature, so that you can move the light around like a camera.
20.   A hotkey to frame the timeline to the length of a selected clip, like (F) when on the timeline panel.
21.   Loop,Speed and resize hotkeys to change the modes faster.
22.   Actually, add a way to add a hotkey to ANY command, a hotkey editor
23.   A smarter timeline in terms of aligning/snapping keys and snapping timeline to the closest frame that has a key. 
24.   A way to animate teeth up and down, teeth are basic to create good visimes and sometimes you need to move them around to create a particular one.
25.   A way to save a full pose and apply that pose as a layer to a clip. This way you could for example create an idle with the Motion Mix... then apply a particular pose and have a good basis for an animation and I know there's the motion editor and modify feature, and those are AWESOME, but the poses you can get are limited.
26. Allow object transformation matching/aligning to character's body parts
27. And option to Autoframe curves in the curve editor when you select them.
28. It'd be nice to be able to create a clip out of a camera move, so that you could then reposition the camera on top of that clip. This would be helpful for like reframing shaking cameras.
29. We need a way to set iclone to different frame rates...professional animators sculpt their performances based on the final frame output.
30. One thing I love from Nuke, and I believe all programs should have, is the ability to click on ay number in the software and just go up and down with the arrows on that SPECIFIC digit... this would be tremendously helpful for minute finessing.

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
Hey Alex, welcome here mate. Thanks for all these propositions, can't wait for Iclone 8

AlexKong
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)Senior Member (338 reputation)

Also, in the edit motion layer... it would be awesome to be able to click and drag to select for example many fingers at once, or just have a button at the end of each finger to select that whole finger, or a button to select all fingers from one hand... something!

I just feel it's a bit slow to select fingers as they are right now

Reading This Topic