Book Cover Feature

Posted By JasonWynngard 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
I'm striving to become serious about making book covers using CC3.3. I still have a good way to go with making more realistic characters. Especially with Headshot using DIY photos. What I'd like to see is for CC to have a feature whereby a photo shot can be used as a background. Right now, I change the default background color to a solid color. Save the result as either .png or .jpg and open it in Paintshop Pro. There, I transparency the background and place my character in a photo as a new layer. It works just fine but would love to see CC allowing book cover artists to do this inside CC itself.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
There are possibilities to add an image to a CC background.

Look in the Props folder for a suitable item to add your image to. In the screen shot below I added a Wall and then placed a photo in the Base Color slot.

This was a "quick and dirty" demo, but with a little work on the lighting and shadows you could get the "look" that you require.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/99181e20-056f-4f0f-8a08-55b0.png

You can copy props from your iClone props folder to the CC Props folder giving you an almost endless choice.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
4 Years Ago by wires
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
THANK YOU, Gerry. I believe this will save me a lot of time so will be experimenting with your method today. Really appreciate this.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Reading This Topic