Profile Picture

What performance do YOU get in the courtyard scene?

Posted By FallenNInja 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
FallenNInja
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm running a 2080 TI and 10850k and I'm getting around 35-40fps in the courtyard scene with a 3440x1440 monitor. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Adding a few characters to a scene severely tanks performance and I'm concerned that this will hinder my ability to create content.

Please share your thoughts.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well, I can tell you MY thoughts but I don't know how helpful they will be because my settings are so different than yours.

But running at HD mode on my dual monitors, with my Titan, that scene is trivial (for one thing, it doesn't even take 1GB of memory).  I get 60fps during playback but more than that, moving around the scene is as fast as if there is nothing in the scene at all.

I added three CC3+ characters to bring the total scene size up to around 4.5GB and it STILL is lightning fast (and this is with everything checkmarked and running in the high display mode).  I'm guessing I can cripple this -- another six characters will most likely destroy me but the rule of thumb is as long as you are under your GPU memory (in my case, 12GB) things shouldn't slow down much unless there are other factors (transparency and mirroring being an issue we are well aware of).  So I could work with six characters in this scene very comfortably but 9 or 10 would be challenging if not impossible (unless I resorted to tricks like removing res for background characters or such).

My gut tells me there must be something wrong with your system but, again, your specs are so different I don't know.  Can you run it in HD to compare?  If it runs well in that mode then you know where the issue is (I can't run my system any higher to check the opposite way).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

I don't have time to add stuff to the scene but I get avarage 43 fps (High Mode) with these specs:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44c43880-9eda-40b2-a47b-c391.png

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

I get 60fps with 0.8G of 11Gb video memory in High Mode.
When I add four (4) CC Characters I drop to around 50fps.
System:
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB)
  • CPU i9-9900K @ 3.6GHz (8 Core)
  • ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING (Mother Board)
  • 64GB Ram
  • Win 10 Pro

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Performance tests in HD
Default scene 60 fps.

6 characters
825336 project triangles
277359 triangles per character
4.2/11gb of ram
1 fps Sad

3 characters
547977 project triangles
277359 triangles per character
4.2/11gb of ram (seems weird - I removed 3 characters from the previous test)
13fps

Does this performance seem right? - jlittle and I have similar specs, however he seems to be getting much better performance.
I'm going to re-install and report back.
If that doesn't help I'm going to switch from the latest Nvidia gaming driver to their latest studio driver.

Edited
4 Years Ago by edwin.martinez1994
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

My video driver: GeForce Game Ready Driver V457.51

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
4 Years Ago by jlittle
FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Reinstalled application, rolled back driver to latest studio driver.
No performance gains. I'm going to try jlittles driver and then report back. Will be contacting customer support aswell. Thank you all.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Just in case, since you ARE getting 60fps with no characters and it's only the characters dragging you down, why don't you post your scene here?  (Assuming you use the default avatars that come with iClone).  Let us try to make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
FallenNInja
FallenNInja
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons, you hit the nail on the head. It seems that my performance woes came primarily from my custom characters not being optimized enough for real time rendering.

Reading This Topic