Profile Picture

What the heck is my character colliding with?

Posted By alfied 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alfied
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Anyone know what's going on here? My character begins walking fine and then appears to collide with something while on the path...
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't use Iclone enough to know the features inside out but it looks to me as though the hands and feet are locked in place after a certain point in the animation.  They are 'locked' but the body is moving forwards.

If a character is selected and the 'edit motion layer' window is selected, you can see that the hands and feet can't be moved unless the 'padlock' icons are open rather than closed.

Perhaps the answer lies somewhere along these lines? 

toystorylab
This post has been flagged as an answer
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Not sure but it seems your path is not straight in height, it has a curve up and down.
I think your character sinks too deep and if "Hand and Foot Contact" is enabled,
this might cause the hand and feet gets "stuck".
Either disable "Hand and Foot Contact" or be sure path does not go under the "grid".

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d547b240-0ed2-4b91-a5eb-99e6.png

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

alfied
alfied
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)Veteran Member (905 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thank you - it turned out that my entire grid was misaligned and so the path wasn't snapping to the x axis, very much appreciate the comment.

Reading This Topic