Profile Picture

iClone Exporting FBX frame rate

Posted By HimAnI_Kev 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
HimAnI_Kev
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I think I'm missing something.
I'm trying to integrate clone animation with live action. If I export my iClone animation with FBX set to 24 FPS (my live action is 23.976) and import into my 3D application (say 3D Max) I get the correct animation playing but at a shorter length. If I export my FBX at 60 FPS, I get a correct length, but the animation I did is playing too slowly. How can I export exactly what I preview in iClone at the needed frame rate of 24 FPS?
I need to bring it into another 3D package because I am using 3D tracking to match the live-action camera moves.

If there is something I'm missing, please let me know!
Thanks! - KK
HimAnI_Kev
HimAnI_Kev
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've done some testing...  I've done some animation in iClone and exported it at 24FPS. Upon importing in 3dMax, the action is playing correctly, but the length is short. In actuality, it is playing the same length of time as it did in iClone, only the frames shown in iClone shows the clip to be much longer. It makes sense, however... 

I work with live action plates and tracked cameras. If I need something to happen on frame 24, I wish I could see that in the iClone timeline, which seems to work at 60fps.  That timeline always shows me more frames than I get in an FBX output at 24 FPS. If the timeline in iClone had a preference, or a button where I could select, say 24FPS, that would display keyframes and timeline info at the ultimately desired frame rate, I think it would be a great help for those of us who need to hit exact frame counts on out final material.

Hope this is making some sense.
jerome.dipietro
jerome.dipietro
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Not sure if it helps but I just found that when I export 24FPS for use in Unity, then the animation clips are truncated. All the data is there but the clip's end is shorter than it should be. I don't know 3DSMax but in Unity there's an option (in the FBX import settings) to change the end frame of each animation clip (each 'take)

See: https://forum.reallusion.com/462721/24fps-FBX-export-truncates-animation-clips-in-Unity

Unity Virtual Reality Developer

Reading This Topic