Profile Picture

Incorrect Scale/Location When Importing Custom Assets

Posted By deanbowenart 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
deanbowenart
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi everyone,

I exported my CC3 character to Blender and quickly made some basic shoulder pads. I exported them as an OBJ and imported into CC3 using Create/Accessory menu.
The shoulder Pads are not importing in the correct scale/location. This can't be normal, but I haven't been able to find a solution. Can anyone please help?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/122081d3-3437-4483-833a-406e.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
You can move and scale them.

You would need to do that before changing them to cloth if that's your intent.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
That is because the root of the character is messed up when exported.
Next time you plan to model for a female character use avatar Jody from "Repack for CC3+". She is the only one *normal*.
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Please-make-all-CC3-characters-like-CC3-Jody

Aside from that, before exporting the object out of Blender, make sure to reset All Transforms with Ctrl+A

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
deanbowenart
deanbowenart
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)Junior Member (234 reputation)

Thanks. I tried it with Jody but got the same issue.
I exported Jody as an OBJ, modelled the shoulder pads, reset the scale and exported as OBJ. when I imported the shoulder pads into CC3 they were not in the correct location again.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hmm... looks like OBJ is even bigger mess than FBX. Quite frankly I did not test OBJ export too much.
Stick with Jody and FBX. Put her into T-pose, export Mesh only and select Default pose as a T-pose again in export settings (do not select an A-pose).
In Blender model and export pads as FBX again. When you import them back to CC they should match perfectly.

Quick object fit test
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a890fb22-adff-4796-ac9b-2af1.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
deanbowenart
deanbowenart
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey thanks for taking the time to work out the process. Your method didn't work for me but I kept trying different ways based on what you said and this did work for me.
-Use Jody figure
-T Pose
-Export OBJ - With Current Pose
-Import OBJ into Blender
-In Blender, model something on the figure
-Reset Scale/Rotation on the model
-Export the model as OBJ
-In CC3 go to Create/Accessory, and select the new model
-Done!

Reading This Topic