Smooth Camera Follow 2.0 (optimized!) - OFFICIAL

Posted By Eric C (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
Smooth Camera Follow 2.0  (Aug.19, 2020 optimized!)

In this post, we are introducing our Smooth Camera Follow 2.0. The plugin had its 1.0 version in 2019 April, and it was built to help user to designate a camera that smoothly follows the movement of a prop with the ability to adjust the offset position and lag time. 

After receiving the feedback from our power user - Mr. Adolf Navarro, he worked with alongside with us and work together on perfecting the plugin. Adjusted with the filmmaker and animator perspective, the updated 
Smooth Camera Follow 2.0 plugin is worthy of your download. Lets' also take a closer look of the designing concept of this plugin!

v2.0 Updates & Benefits Include:
1. Press “Use Current Offset”to enter the calculated offset value of the controlled camera, instead of manually key in offset number. 
2. Use "Camera Elevation value" to set the camera's vertical positioning in relation to the pivot of the selected target prop. 
3. Optional “Post-Process Key Reduction” to reduce recorded keys for simpler timeline editing.
4. Be able to custom the camera follow settings at a designated range of "Timeline (Frames)", it allows effective adjustment over multiple camera follow operation.
5. To output the number of keys generated by the complicated interactions between "Frame Delay", "Timeline (Frames)", and "Post-Process Key Reduction" parameters.
6. Being able to bring all of the custom parameters back to their default values with "Reset" button.

Key Adjustable Parameters:
Frame Delay: Creating a lag between the view and the target.
Tautness: Setting how tight or lose the camera follows the object.
Offset: Indicating the current object coordination, and press "Use Current Offset" button to locate the object.
Timeline (Frames): Setting the initial and the final frames for the follow motion.
Post-process Key Reduction: Reducing the final number if keys in the camera timeline.

Besides bringing new features, we are also optimizing the plugin by enhancing some issues.

API/UI Enhancements:
Removed code based UI in favor of Qt .UI design file.
Refactored internals of Extensions.py into main.py, removing Extensions.py in the process.
Reorganized and streamlined the user interface.
Camera and prop drop-down menus now automatically populate according to the current state of the scene. "Refresh" button is no longer needed and removed as a result.

=======================================================================================================================================

You can visit the following links and access the resources needed for your learning.
If you have any questions about the plug-in and the sample code, please feel free to let us know by replying to this post.

Relevant Fundamental Courses

Be sure to read this first to help you understand how this sample plug-in works.
You should familiarize yourself with the following fundamental lessons before you proceed:
  • List All Props - Learn to create a drop down list for all of the existing props in the current iClone scene.
  • 3D Look At - Learn to deploy icons and images inside a user interface.
  • Transformation Key - Learn to animate a prop by keying its transformation as more powerful alternative method
  • Linear Interpolation - Know the concept of linear interpolation and it's usefulness.
  • Float Slider - Know the creation of the popular float slider interface widget.
For more courses and links to other Python of the Month activities, please visit here.

Enjoy!

Reallusion Python Team
Edited
4 Years Ago by Eric C (RL)
rdegoede333
rdegoede333
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)Senior Member (370 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
GREAT ! Very useful in ‘daily’ production. Thanks a lot !
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:29 AM
I tried to Download version 2 of SMOOTH CAMERA FOLLOW from the MarketPlace, I had already downloaded version 1 when it was released.
When I look in my cart I have a message that tells me:
* This item is already in your Inventory List or Transaction History, and the 'proceed to checkOut button is grayed out.
Therefore impossible to download version 2.
What can I do to be able to download the new version?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fc7e1163-c512-4342-97ee-6b43.jpg
Edited
4 Years Ago by Zeronimo
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
When I look in my cart I have a message that tells me:
* This item is already in your Inventory List or Transaction History, and the 'proceed to checkOut button is grayed out.

I have the same problem
Greets
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
Hello Postfrosch and Zeronimo
Simply go to the inventory list and download it again, it is an updated plugin
Remove the old plugin from the Open Plugin folder.
Best regards rosuckmediaSmile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b10054cc-eba8-4e6b-a04c-6ce4.png
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:29 AM
@Rosuckmedia thank you a thousand times Smile Smile Smile

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hallo Robert,
danke für den Tipp.
Hätte ich auch selber drauf kommen müssen Wink
Gruß Werner

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
Hallo Zeronimo and Werner,
My pleasure!

Hello Reallusion,
A great update, very useful
Best regards rosuckmediaSmile
Edited
4 Years Ago by rosuckmedia
Eric C (RL)
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
Hi everyone,

Thanks @rosuckmedia sharing the tips of removing the old and installing the new plugin!
Our team will work on from our side and come up with a solution when updating other RL made plugin.

Thanks and please enjoy the latest Smooth Camera Follow 2.0!  
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Doesn't work for me. The check-out box is grayed out and the plugin is not in my inventory. So I can't download it.

And I removed the "Smooth camera follow" from my Bin64/OpenPlugin folder.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA

Reading This Topic