Profile Picture

Use on Mac?

Posted By tiffany1974 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tiffany1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)Junior Member (152 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
It was not made clear to me during the purchase process/chatting with the help-chat that the cartoon creator that I purchased would not work on my mac. When I went back into that chat, I was told I needed to buy something additional to run windows on my mac, so I asked for a refund. The support ticket response said that it wasn't working because I was on a trial version, but I am not, I purchased the product and the hair kit as a bundle. When I tried to download them, my mac said it had no way to open them. 

If anyone here has better information than the chat feature provided in the reallusion shopping pages or the responses from the support staff, I would appreciate it. I just want to know if I can use what I bought or if I need a refund and need to keep looking elsewhere for a product I can use. 

Tiffany 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Tiffany

The "Cartoon Character Designers Bundle" that you purchased is an add-on pack for Character Creator 3. It is not a standalone product and you would need Character Creator 3 to be able to use it. Character Creator 3 is also a Windows only product so it won't work on a Mac computer unless you use Bootcamp and install Windows 10 alongside your Mac OSX (and only if your Mac meet the system requirements which are quite high).

So as it stands a refund will likely be your best option unless you are willing to invest quite a bit of money on the hardware and software required. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Tiffany, I don't use a MAC but know folks who do. I say this not about RL only, any product should have an easily seen indication that it's not MAC compatible. A decal of an Apple in a circle with a stripe across it for example. And I have fallen for RL purchases myself where I LATER found out I need a base to make it work or get full punctuality. For that I blame myself for not scrolling down to view the additional information. Still, an honest company should have such information prominently displayed. That or purchase button that interrupts you with an easily seen pre-committed to purchase button that pops up a message the item requires a further purchase to use. This is especially useful to new users but helps others too. Just the thoughts of someone who HATES asking for a refund and very often doesn't. Especially when I discover the "why" or "what" was present on the web page somewhere had I looked.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Reading This Topic