Posted By kent_310387 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Exporting Viseme facial animation from iclone to Unreal Engine

Author
kent_310387
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am trying to export motion data from iclone 7.8 to unreal engine 4.25 that INCLUDES facial motion data.  I used VISEME within iClone to create a Lips track.  My typical workflow is to export the motion data from iclone as an FBX and then import it into unreal.  Unfortunately, the export from iclone does not seem to give options to also include the Lips Track as this is "motion plus" type data. I tried to collect the clip and export to 3Dxchange to include the motion plus data, but then I can't export that from 3Dxchange with the included Lips track.  Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks -kent 
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Do you mean Audio to lip sync ? VISEME works for me when I export from IClone...
kent_310387
kent_310387
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

I mean the LIP track does not export as part of the iclone fbx export process for me.  
From iclone I set the following export options but the Lips track facial motion data does not come along when I import this FBX into unreal.

Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Did you import your Character with Morph Targets?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/24d8beab-b51a-46d1-a449-0cee.jpg
kent_310387
kent_310387
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I think I did not have that check box checked when I brought in the character. I checked it and it fixed my problem.  Thanks.  -kent

kent_310387
kent_310387
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I think I did not have that check box checked when I brought in the character. I checked it and it fixed my problem.  Thanks.  -kent

carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)Veteran Member (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hello Mates,
i tried almost 2 days to export an Full Body animated character ( body idle and face animation) to Unreal.

workflow:
i make an animation on the body ( idle breath)
i put an audiofile on it and let him talk
i saved both clips into motion plus option and go.
In Unreal i import first the idle pose and save everything, after this i import the facial fbx and it comes in t Pose with error. How i can combine hem in Unreal ?! 
CC3 export options are Unreal preset, Mes&Motion. i dont understand. thanks for help
do i need iClone Livelink ?! 
steve_adams2003
steve_adams2003
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
kent_310387 (7/27/2020)
I am trying to export motion data from iclone 7.8 to unreal engine 4.25 that INCLUDES facial motion data.  I used VISEME within iClone to create a Lips track.  My typical workflow is to export the motion data from iclone as an FBX and then import it into unreal.  Unfortunately, the export from iclone does not seem to give options to also include the Lips Track as this is "motion plus" type data. I tried to collect the clip and export to 3Dxchange to include the motion plus data, but then I can't export that from 3Dxchange with the included Lips track.  Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks -kent 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi Steve... Not sure why you posted your message as a tag but to answer your question yes you do get Faceware Realtime for iClone when you buy the Faceware Gear Profile.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

cloud.ninja
cloud.ninja
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)Veteran Member (635 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week

I have a character that I applied AccuLips lip-sync to while in a T-pose in iClone. I only want the lip-sync animation when I import the facial animation into Unreal as I have a different, native animation for body animation already in Unreal.

The problem is:

1. If I uncheck “Motion” when exporting the collected clip in iClone to motion library (then to CC3, then import into UE), the result is - no animation works. I thought that would only export the facial animation (which is checked)?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0699f347-76f8-4c68-858b-b603.png

2 - If I check “Motion” then I get the facial animation in working Unreal but I also get the T-Pose – which now the T-pose is in conflict with the other body animation I want to use – ARG!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1d125118-36c5-41a3-a916-4578.png

Could you please advise how to export only the facial lipsync animations?

With appreciation,
.cn

Edited
2 Years Ago by cloud.ninja

Reading This Topic