Profile Picture

Skin Gen Not Working When Converting Model To Game Base With Single UV

Posted By TMooney 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Skin Gen Not Working When Converting Model To Game Base With Single UV...

Author
TMooney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So after the update I instantly checked out the skingen example character Caleb, and wanted to instantly see how he looked in unity. But of course I wanted to see him in all his glory in a form suitable for a game, so I wanted to convert him to a game base, lower poly count, more baked details to textures, and single UV option for better performance as well of course etc... However as soon as I did so, the character turned white, with quads showing and nothing else. No textures other than the clothes on him, nothing. Is Skingen ready to be used in game engines and games at all? or is this just for some other purpose as of now. Or is there something I am missing. Thanks a lot in advance. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 second ago
I tried this and the conversion works for me. Towards the end of the conversion the character briefly flashes white, but after that the new texture is applied.

The results of SkinGen are baked after the Appearance Editor has been applied, so the resulting CC3+ character has a regular set of textures, just like any CC character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TMooney
TMooney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)Junior Member (154 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey Animagic, thanks for the response, after having tried exporting the character (after trying a second time) there were textures that were applied and came out. However upon checking it in unity there seem to be some glitches with the textures or the character model especially around the nose area. Ill input two images one from CC3 where the texture doesn't seem to be amazing either, but then the one in unity as well which is most definitely not correct despite following the import procedure with the tool etc... if that even makes a difference. Not to mention a lot of detail seems to have been lost from the textures, which of course i may have expected some but this seems like a substantial amount lost. 

https://gyazo.com/23808f531a105ac892cdb6059ca18691 This Link is to the face of the character in cc3 after having converted him to game base 

https://gyazo.com/27aafb5a5dd3986547def5f9fa868bc7 And this is the character in unity. 

If you are not allowed to check links ill upload the images here as well in the same order. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/05118b13-a7a1-422e-b1f5-b78e.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0ca3f8c1-ecd8-4e24-8c90-6c5c.jpg
camta005
camta005
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
TMooney (7/23/2020)
So after the update I instantly checked out the skingen example character Caleb, and wanted to instantly see how he looked in unity. But of course I wanted to see him in all his glory in a form suitable for a game, so I wanted to convert him to a game base, lower poly count, more baked details to textures, and single UV option for better performance as well of course etc... However as soon as I did so, the character turned white, with quads showing and nothing else. No textures other than the clothes on him, nothing. Is Skingen ready to be used in game engines and games at all? or is this just for some other purpose as of now. Or is there something I am missing. Thanks a lot in advance. 

I had the issue with characters turning white after making changes with SkinGen and then converting to Game Base. To solve the issue make sure in the Appearance Editor to uncheck the Activate Editor checkbox before converting to Game Base.

Reading This Topic