OFFICIAL iClone 7.8, 7.81, 7.82 and 7.83 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 24 minutes ago
Dear iClone Users,

We have now released the 7.8 update for iClone which as added some exciting new features plus the usual bug fixes. However, as always we still need your assistance to help us track down any bugs, glitches or other annoying issues that may still remain.

Important: If you do find any bugs, issues or glitches in iClone 7.8, please can you report them first in the Feedback Tracker. Then feel free to discuss the issues in this thread but do try to include a link back to the original Feedback Tracker report or your tracker number.

As always it will help us greatly if we can keep all technical issue discussion in the one place (this thread). This will help the development team keep track of any problems.

Please do try to provide your full system specifications and a detailed description of the problem when reporting issues. If you can provide steps so we can try and reproduce the problem that will be even better.

Many thanks and have fun with iClone 7.8. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
3 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I see that Zane was replaced with Galeb and Jade with Katherine. But what happened with Default Male and Female. They are gone for good.
Though the male is still on the Characters Pack icon. Luckily, I had a backup and restored them.
Just wonder what else might be missing.

edithmcneill
edithmcneill
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)Veteran Member (692 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello

I tried to update everything today, Windows 10 system, and it wouldn't install. I removed everything except Iclone 7 and it didn't install updates. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you solve the problem? 

Thanks
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I am not sure at this point if FT5532 was ever fixed (I think it was), but the Iray Toolbar is back at full screen (CTRL+7 and for Full Sreeen Render).
In addition Smart Gallery never gets hidden either:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/604875e5-7115-4fb8-b82d-5dfe.jpg

Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
4u2ges (7/24/2020)
I am not sure at this point if FT5532 was ever fixed (I think it was), but the Iray Toolbar is back at full screen (CTRL+7 and for Full Sreeen Render).
In addition Smart Gallery never gets hidden either:

Hello,

Please try this
1. Switch to Full Screen
2. Close Smart Gallery Panel
3. Click "Reset Layout"
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Edward.
That worked out well for Smart Gallery.
After Reset and iClone Restart, I had to restore my Layout and Save it. Once done, Smart Gallery no longer appears in Full Screen.
However, I had to hide Iray Toolbar. If I leave it on, then it is not hidden in Full Screen mode.

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
HooDooPhonix
HooDooPhonix
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am having issues with props, I was made to understand, that props and their animations, would now Carry over into unreal.  This does not seem to be happening, I have updated all my plugins and software (at least I believe that I have).  

Please Advise

Thanks
garyp_385937
garyp_385937
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
edithmcneill (7/23/2020)
Hello

I tried to update everything today, Windows 10 system, and it wouldn't install. I removed everything except Iclone 7 and it didn't install updates. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you solve the problem? 

Thanks

I experienced this issue as well today on Win10.  iClone7 upgrade to 7.8 and also CC3 with Pipeline upgrade along with their associated plug-ins.  They all failed the install when performing the upgrade.  I finally ended up having to uninstall all of them completely and then reinstalling/upgrading from scratch.

All of my Win10 OS updates are current too.

direx1974
direx1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi folks,

I updated today. iClone 7.8 starts and loads my projects. So far so good. But I have seen a bug with GI. The lighting just disappear when I turn the camera into a certain position.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a7032af7-16ce-449d-b194-f216.jpg
GI is working as intended ...
When I turn the camera a bit, this happens ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/713a4b0f-ccc9-4806-bcdc-ad40.jpg

No Global Illumination for the torch. Can anyone confirm this? The torch is made from the fire effect of the Popcorn FX package ...

Greetings, Direx

Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Hello, I have been working on shader type effects for iClone, for the last six months for the marketplace, and after updating to 7.8, the $time variable no longer works for substances in iClone.
Here is an example of one of the effects and how it should work.

Here is another effect that doesn't work anymore this plasma effect no longer animates.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/05612092-31d1-4c63-b15a-ff6e.jpg
Best Regards.
Kevin L.

Warped Reality VFX.

Reading This Topic