Profile Picture

Trying to understand the Timeline.

Posted By Peter_737068 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter_737068
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how the timeline works exactly. I've had a look through the manual and watched a few tutorials but there's a few fundamentals that seem to be missing, however maybe I'm just missing something.

I've got a long clip that I captured through using my Mo-cap system.  There's a few takes within the clip, some of which I wanted to remove. So like an editing package I cut the segment into parts and deleted the unwanted parts.  The problem is I noticed that I'd accidentally cut out a part I wanted. However, now it seems there's no way of getting it back. In most video editing package (although Maya has this feature as well) I can just extend the clip again to reveal those deleted parts. I don't seem to be able to do this here. 

Because of this I thought I'd just trim the clips by adjusting the edge of the clip shortening it to where I wanted. Although it appears that you can do this on the end of the clip, I can't work out how to do this from the front of the clip.  

Also is there a way to region select the clips? I have A lot of cut up clips along with their expression and Viseme tracks but I have to select each one in turn rather than being able to just region select them all in one go. Is there a way to do. this?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Reading This Topic