Folders and File Placement Tree

Posted By crantic 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi! Regarding iClone, (and CC3,) Is there any one place here online that gives an outline of where files should go, at all their levels and folders? I ran into some issues when I decided to move from the C: drive to the D: drive and created new folders to move the data to. I have most of it sorted out, but have whole trees of duplicate files, and fearful of deleting them in case I'm in error. 
So basically I need to know the paths of where the files go in iClone and CC3. I hope there is a resource Reallusion has that tells me this. Thanks!
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
There isn't one that I know of. When you say that you "moved" your content files, did you do just that or did you do an uninstall/reinstall selecting the new desired path during the installation?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
If you just moved the files without an  uninstall/reinstall, did you update the registry as well? Because that's where iClone and CC would look for the locations of the folders.

These are the registry locations:
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion\iClone\7.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\iClone\7.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\iClone\7.0
Frankly, unless you're willing to edit the registry, which is tricky, uninstall/reinstall is the only reliable way to move content.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Thanks Gerry, I really did all of that, and multiple times. (A good way to gum things up, but I just forged ahead like the newbie that I am.)
crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks animagic, I have re-installed more than once, but prior to that I was building my own "trees/paths", imitating what was on the C: drive and building it on the D: drive. Why? Because I decided to put my content and such on the D: drive to make more space on the C: I realized later that iClone offers that option when installing. Everything works pretty well now, but I still occasionally come up dry when choosing new textures and such. I figure the best way to make sure is to go through everything manually. Thanks for the paths, I will check it out.
crantic
crantic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm planning to get a better computer in the next month or so, so I will do everything properly at that time. I had a lot of practice, lol

Reading This Topic