Folders and File Placement Tree

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic450389.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By crantic - 4 Years Ago
Hi! Regarding iClone, (and CC3,) Is there any one place here online that gives an outline of where files should go, at all their levels and folders? I ran into some issues when I decided to move from the C: drive to the D: drive and created new folders to move the data to. I have most of it sorted out, but have whole trees of duplicate files, and fearful of deleting them in case I'm in error. 
So basically I need to know the paths of where the files go in iClone and CC3. I hope there is a resource Reallusion has that tells me this. Thanks!
By wires - 4 Years Ago
There isn't one that I know of. When you say that you "moved" your content files, did you do just that or did you do an uninstall/reinstall selecting the new desired path during the installation?
By animagic - 4 Years Ago
If you just moved the files without an  uninstall/reinstall, did you update the registry as well? Because that's where iClone and CC would look for the locations of the folders.

These are the registry locations:
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reallusion\iClone\7.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\iClone\7.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\Character Creator\3.0
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Reallusion\iClone\7.0
Frankly, unless you're willing to edit the registry, which is tricky, uninstall/reinstall is the only reliable way to move content.
By crantic - 4 Years Ago
Thanks Gerry, I really did all of that, and multiple times. (A good way to gum things up, but I just forged ahead like the newbie that I am.)
By crantic - 4 Years Ago
Thanks animagic, I have re-installed more than once, but prior to that I was building my own "trees/paths", imitating what was on the C: drive and building it on the D: drive. Why? Because I decided to put my content and such on the D: drive to make more space on the C: I realized later that iClone offers that option when installing. Everything works pretty well now, but I still occasionally come up dry when choosing new textures and such. I figure the best way to make sure is to go through everything manually. Thanks for the paths, I will check it out.
By crantic - 4 Years Ago
I'm planning to get a better computer in the next month or so, so I will do everything properly at that time. I had a lot of practice, lol