Face Key and face puppet not appearing.

Posted By kenmatthews 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kenmatthews
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello,
I realize I am probably making the most basic mistake, however when I press the Face key or Face puppet key they do not appear (they used to...) so I can do adjustments, can anyone point out my error please, I just can't see it...
I know I'm asking a lot of questions, and for that I apologise, but I'm working eight hours a day, re-acquainting myself with the software as I animate one of my books into an animated feature film. Also there have been many changes to the software since the last time I was immersed in iClone, and I realise I have a tremendous amount of ground to make up. Thank you all for your forbearance...
Best regards.
Ken.

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
AFIK there is no shortcut to those panels.
And be sure your character is selected...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf7b56cf-4079-46fc-9f29-b72f.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb8edffd-690a-483d-bf50-ef9c.jpg

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Hello Toystorylab,
Thank you for answering, that's exactly my problem. The character is selected and I press the face key in the modify panel (as in attached pic.) and nothing... It has worked fine for weeks, now nothing...
Best regards.
Ken.

Attachments
face key..png (44 views, 511.00 KB)
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Hm, that's strange...
If a computer reboot does not work, I would reinstall iClone.
As all your content will remain, that's only a matter of 10 minutes work.
It should work again after reinstall...

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Further to my problem. When I click the face key, the Iray preview icon, and camera and object switch (top right of monitor) light up. I click the face key button again and they turn off again. Never noticed that before. I switched the whole system off at the wall, waited twenty minutes, switched on again, still the same. I'm baffled...Does anyone have an answer please?

Best regards.
Ken.

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've reinstalled iClone 7 twice, closed down the computer and lastly uninstalled iray, I can now get the face puppet by clicking on the button, but not the face key... I'm giving up for the night as I need the face key. Please... please can someone help me?

Best regards.
Ken

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Did you have a 2 monitor system and then changed to a one monitor system?
In some cases the pop-up window could pop up on a not existing monitor, so you can't see it.
Sorry, but I have no idea what you could do further...
Either Peter (RL) chimes in here or you contact customer service (you find that in your Reallusion account)

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Toystorylab,
I've never worked with two monitors, however, is it possible I've hit a control that told the programme I was using two? It's so disappointing, I was making such good progress, now I've got it in my head that the face key is essential... Truthfully, it probably is essential, at least for what I'm doing... Mañana...

Best regards.
Ken

ocapvr
ocapvr
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Last Active: 11 days ago
Hi Ken,

I came across exact the same issue in iclone 8 (everything works fine apart from Face Key window not launching). I've tried reboot, reinstallation etc but it still doesn't work. I just raised a ticket in the reallusion support, meanwhile I wonder did you manage to solve the issue?

Thanks,
Shu

Reading This Topic