Profile Picture

[What's New] UE4.25 Compatible! (Unreal Live Link v1.12)

Posted By Eric C (RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[What's New] UE4.25 Compatible! (Unreal Live Link v1.12)

Author
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
Dear iCloners,

Good news! Our Unreal Live Link Plug-in for iCloneis now compatible with UE4.25.
Visit the page to download the latest plug-in >> https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/live-link/unreal-engine/update.html

We figured out that you may also need to update the following UE4.25-compatible plugins:
As mentioned previously, from now on we will only maintain the latest 3 versions of Unreal Engine plugin.
We are supporting UE4.23~4.25 for this patch.

Let us know if you have any questions to ask, and sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

Reallusion Team
mrjmwolff
mrjmwolff
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Eric,

Just so I'm clear - a reinstall of the new update requires me to actually delete all my CC characters that I have installed into a project, and therefore retransfrer them from scratch via Iclone7. It appears that in the reinstall instructions that is what it is asking me to do, otherwise there might be corruption issues? Some of my scenes have quite a few characters and this would take a while, so I just thought I'd double check. Many thanks.
Eric C (RL)
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
Hello @mrjmwolff,

Can I know what version of CC/IC and Live Link that you are using?
I think I have also seen a similar case having the same issue with you mentioned. Can you check this comment and see if it is the same?
https://forum.reallusion.com/401294/RE-CC3-to-Unreal-AutoSetup-Plugin-Download-Update-History?PageIndex=15#bm447836

You can also send upload your project and send me the link with private message, thanks in advacne!

Eric

irv.klaschus
irv.klaschus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have the latest version of everything, including livelink, and the export piece to Unreal.  When I get characters into Ue4 (again, latest plugins and support installed for v4.25) the character still comes in with an opaque black cornea as it did previously for v4.24 of Unreal.  The shader looks like a complex material asset, but I don't see a way to set the cornea shader to be transparent or semi transparent.  I had seen this previously as the shader .  Also the eyelash shaders seem to not be working off of the UE4 shader type with opacity.  Where do I fix this?
irv.klaschus
irv.klaschus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

Here is a closeup of the head with the strange patches beneath the eye.  This was exported from the latest CC to iClone and from there to the latest UE4, v4.25.  This is in the head shader, but twiddling the parameters doesn't seem to show how to get the patch to look like the rest of the face.
irv.klaschus
irv.klaschus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Found the answer to my own question on this one.  The default export has the layer above on - which is coming in opaque.  When I used the base layer and unchecked the one above the eyeball showed up.  I guess the one above is another layer to give you the ability to color it...although I didn't seem to be able to get that to work - it was just making the eye black on every export.  Seems like that is a bug in the exporter, but maybe I missed something.  
irv.klaschus
irv.klaschus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Found the answer to my own question on this one.  The default export has the layer above on - which is coming in opaque.  When I used the base layer and unchecked the one above the eyeball showed up.  I guess the one above is another layer to give you the ability to color it...although I didn't seem to be able to get that to work - it was just making the eye black on every export.  Seems like that is a bug in the exporter, but maybe I missed something.  
irv.klaschus
irv.klaschus
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Reading This Topic