Profile Picture

*8 bit import error from Photoshop

Posted By mike_207433 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mike_207433
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am a newbee, but I followed a tutorial and I am at the import into Cartoon animator 4.  There is a import error that states  "Please make sure your PSD image mode as 8 bits/Chanel and try to save this file again in your PSD editor, and then reload to Cartoon Animator 4."
well,,,,, it is an 8 Bit file?    Any guidance?
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
mike_207433 (5/18/2020)
I am a newbee, but I followed a tutorial and I am at the import into Cartoon animator 4.  There is a import error that states  "Please make sure your PSD image mode as 8 bits/Chanel and try to save this file again in your PSD editor, and then reload to Cartoon Animator 4."
well,,,,, it is an 8 Bit file?    Any guidance?

You can change your color format in your PSD editor.
This figure is Affinity settings.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/28de9f29-c9a6-4983-9f2a-4296.png
Please refer to this online manual: https://manual.reallusion.com/Cartoon_Animator_4/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/ENU/07_PSD_Out/Limitations_for_PSD_Out.htm
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/34093435-12bc-4e4c-aaf8-817f.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
mike_207433
mike_207433
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)New Member (73 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you for your reply, The PS file was 8bit, I even tried Greyscale,  The file originated in AI, exported as a PS file layered, then saved out of PS after linking all the layers and saved as a 8bit  PSD. 
Life On Marzj
Life On Marzj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)

I'm facing the same problem. The PSD file is in RGB/8bit, but still I get the message in CA4: "The PSD file cannot be recognized.
Please make sure your PSD image mode as 8 bits/Chanel and try to save this file again in your PSD editor, and then reload to Cartoon Animator 4."

I have no idea what to do now...
anybody??

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 40 minutes ago
Have you tried resaving the file? Does this make a difference.

If not, perhaps you could share your PSD file so we can test it and also let us know which image editing software are you using?

If you don't want to post the PSD file publicly you can send it to me using private message. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Life On Marzj
Life On Marzj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)Junior Member (162 reputation)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply! Yes I saved it! But luckily I’ve found the problem! The error message was a bit unclear to me and was making me look the wrong direction in Photoshop. Apparantly 8bit/chanels are two seperate things but I read it as one.
The problem was an empty folder that didn’t belong there that I’ve overlooked during rigging. Instead of getting an error about that I get this 8bit/channels error. Therefor I was looking at the PSD file itself...
so the message was misleading for me. But now I know, and am always happy to learn 😊

Reading This Topic